Salary: Competitive / TBC
Canvas is a young and dynamic Flexible Workspace provider based in London, our unique and flexible approach to space as a service has already begun to shake up the industry. Our company is currently on a rapid growth trajectory, having doubled in size last year and on track to do it again this year. Before expanding into new international markets, we aim to be one of the top 5 Flexible Workspace providers in London within the next couple of years.
While our diverse community of tenants are busy innovating in a variety of industries including, fashion, fin-tech, design, digital media, and more - we help to ensure that their goals are just a little less challenging. How? By providing them with a bespoke office space that suits their business’ needs, and by creating a design led, customer focused experience that fosters productivity, comfort, and convenience. With 9 fully occupied sites in highly sought-after areas including Shoreditch, Old Street, Mayfair and Clerkenwell, and several new sites in the pipeline, we are excited to open up the opportunity to join our tight knit team as Head of Operations.
The Head of Operations is responsible for the delivery of the Canvas Customer Experience throughout our existing portfolio. This position will report directly to the CEO, and will be achieved by leading the various functions of our portfolio Operations team including facilities, tenant move-in/out, and community managers, as well as through the continuous optimization of their processes, and the design and introduction of relevant KPIs. The Head of Operations will also support our Sales and Marketing teams by providing information and strategic thinking to assist with their growth-generating activity planning.
Leadership and management
- Manage, train and develop the Operations team members to understand and deliver the Canvas experience.
- Design, implement, and track KPIs for various functional teams under their supervision.
- Oversee recruitment and onboarding of new team members.
- Set and review the team goals and personal goals of the Operations team.
- Mentor and train the current team to achieve high performance levels in their roles.
- Creatively initiate and lead projects to improve the processes of Operations and adjacent teams.
- Develop an operational manual to deliver a consistent, high-quality experience and service in our buildings.
- Develop and manage processes for maintaining building and storage inventories.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with our tenants in order to get feedback and improve our services and ensure that our best-in-class customer experience standard is maintained.
- Increase customer retention rates through outstanding service provision and early identification of changes to our clients’ needs.
- Work with the Marketing team to encourage the referral of new business.
- Conduct regular formal and informal commercial reviews to understand any reasons for possible terminations and prevent them where possible.
- Resolve problems and capitalise on opportunities escalated by our tenants or our team.
- Conduct periodical visits to our portfolio sites to ensure facility quality standards are kept, day-to-day operations are running smoothly and efficiently, events are successfully organised and managed, and tenants are happy.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the existing operational processes.
- Manage the Operations team running the Move-In/ Move-Out process so that each MIMO runs smoothly and to the agreed budget and schedule.
- Manage the Operations team running the back-office processes and communication, including dealing with different councils, main suppliers and procurement responsibilities.
- Ensure IT systems are functioning properly, that security systems and procedures are fit for purpose, and that our sites adhere to generally accepted Health & Safety standards and regulations.
Growth and product development
- Communicate relevant market insight and information to the Sales Team with regards to buildings in our portfolio to ensure revenue opportunities are fully maximised at all times.
- Work with company management to identify ways in which to continuously elevate the Canvas Customer Experience to higher standards.
- Understand and monitor market trends and competitor activity, their impact on our business and customer.
- Developing a team structure to support the rapid growth of Canvas.
- Oversee operations related costs on a monthly basis, assist management to set clear budgets for the various functions and activities, and conduct periodical financial analysis to identify any cost anomalies or opportunities for cost-saving.
- Proven experience managing teams performing various functions in multiple locations.
- Extensive customer-facing experience, a people-person.
- Experience presenting to the management team.
- A true leader. One who can inspire others to take action and be their best.
- Resourceful, articulate, proactive, personable, self-motivated team-player with a strong can-do approach.
- A creative problem solver who views challenges as opportunities.
- You are excited about joining a rapidly growing company at an early stage, doing high-impact work, and playing an integral role in our success.
- Goal and KPIs driven.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities are a must for this high-paced role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other basic IT infrastructure.