More about Ably
Ably is the world’s fastest Data Stream Network (DSN) spread over 14 data centers and 175+ points of presence. Each day we stream billions of realtime messages to millions of end-users for thousands of developers around the world. Some of the things our platform powers: HubSpot’s chat and collaboration products, live score updates for millions of Australian Open tennis fans, live transit updates for three million Chicagoans. Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure that will power and shape the future of the internet.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
In this role
As a Graduate Pre-Sales Solution Engineer, you will act as a trusted advisor to prospective customers. You will be working closely with the Sales team who will rely on your technical and product expertise throughout the sales cycle. You will be an integral part of the success for both Ably and our customers by conducting technical exploration and qualification, providing architectural / integration advice, delivering product demonstrations and PoCs, and resolving technical configuration issues.
As a passionate technologist and Ably advocate, you will connect the dots between our technical solution and the business value for the customer.
Through your conversations with prospects and clients you will also play a key role connecting market feedback and insight to our Product Management team.
As a Pre-sales Solution Engineer you’ll support the continued growth of the Ably and will play a key role in shaping our success.
- Working closely with our Sales, Marketing, Developer Relations and Customer Support teams
- Owning the technical aspects of the sales development cycle to help bring on new customers
- Proving the solutions value to the customer through conversations, presentations and demonstrations
- Working with prospective clients through POC’s over weeks / months
- Responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs independently and effectively
- Providing market insight to our Product Mgt team and contributing to the product roadmap
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business audiences
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to establish trust with clients, and ability to influence key decision makers in the sales cycle
- Experience with middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs, SOA, ESB, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure, etc.
- A passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact for prospect and customers
- Some recent experience writing code
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team from the likes of Econsultancy and ThoughtWorks. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team. To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. We’re building a company with a diverse set of people who value:
- Ownership and impact of work. You have real autonomy and ownership over your work with a visible impact inside Ably, and externally on products powered by Ably that you use in your daily life.
- An environment to thrive. Modern, comfy office in the heart of Old Street. Excellent transport links, lots of great food, bars and restaurants nearby, and multiple work spaces to match your working style.
- Truly flexible working and not just lip service. We like people to be in the office most of the time, but work should also fit around life and individual ways of working so you’re free to mold hours and environment to your needs.
- Work is varied and challenging as we’re solving hard, complex problems that push the limits of what’s possible with today’s software and infrastructure.
- A competitive salary and commission structure
- Health insurance
- Gym membership
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly team breakfast or lunch
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences)
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions towards your pension
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
Ably has a culture that values employee freedom and responsibility. Apply to talk to us to see if this role on an impactful and collaborative team is right for you.