ShareIn is an exciting Edinburgh fintech company that specialises in crowdfunding technology solutions. We help companies raise debt and equity finance from their own website, and provide tools that firms can use to run their own crowdfunding platform. Our clients span a range of sectors, from funding pioneering businesses that install life-changing solar systems in Sub-Saharan Africa, to providing investment in small and medium-sized enterprises, and assisting to fund property developments in the UK.
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
The Compliance Assistant role is an opportunity to build skills in a rapidly evolving area of financial services, by joining the regulatory compliance team in support of our inhouse Compliance & Appointed Representative services solution. The regulatory compliance team ensures that we, as an FCA-regulated firm, and our clients understand the laws, regulations and rules that govern the financial services industry, and that we all follow (or comply with) those rules.
You will gain experience in a wide range of compliance aspects, from monitoring our Appointed Representatives, to keeping policies and procedures up to date, and helping ShareIn meet its obligations as a firm that is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). We will train and mentor you as you grow into the role, which includes:
- Process transactions in our back office tool as required;
- Maintain records of discrepancies and seek to resolve these promptly;
- Support record-keeping to evidence completion of procedures;
- Helping new clients understand their obligations from a compliance perspective;
- Compliance monitoring tasks for existing clients.
WHAT ATTRIBUTES WILL BE NECESSARY TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
Direct regulatory compliance experience in the financial services field is not a requirement; skills developed through project administration or account management could be relevant. We’re looking more for attributes and attitude:
- A can-do attitude: You ask if you don’t understand something; muck in and help the team, even if it’s not your job; and you always deliver on a promise.
- A bit of fastidiousness: Really organized, capable of follow through, with a strong desire to use technology to improve a process.
- Some demonstrable experience: One to three years in a post where you’ve had to follow detailed policies and procedures, possibly over several projects at a time, and then analysed and summarised your findings in writing – you could have amassed that experience through summer employment, a work placement, or in a part-time job held while attending college or university.
- Clear communication: Able to demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility: Things move quickly at a young and growing business, and your tasks may evolve – we think that’s a good thing!
- Curiosity: A desire to learn about the alternative finance sector in the UK and beyond.
This is a full-time role and due to our regulatory obligations, we require standard business working hours.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Salary £20K – £25k, depending on experience.
- 33 days holiday pro-rata.
- The chance to be part of a high-growth company in a high-growth sector.
- The opportunity to learn and deepen skills in a growing field.
WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
ShareIn provides a positive, open and friendly work environment. We are looking for someone who really cares about what they are doing and who can work independently. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to be part of a team that is shaking up traditional sources of finance.
If that sounds like you, please get in touch.
Strictly no agencies.