Welcome to Bossa Studios! Our multi-cultural and daring London team creates distinctive games that millions of people love, all across the globe. Close collaboration between our teams, our players and our fans is at the heart of our unique way of developing and marketing our games.
On bad days we make original games. On good days we make genre-defining gaming experiences.
Bossa Studios is looking for a Director of People and Talent. Reporting to the Studio General Manager, you'll work directly with the leadership team to develop, implement and execute the people strategy.
You’ll lead the People and Talent team, with the overarching goal of helping us create a culture of high performance through attracting, retaining and getting the best out of our current and future talent.
We’re looking for someone who has high energy, confidence, and bundles of initiative. Someone who can work in a fast paced environment, and understands through experience, what it takes to support our ambition and growth.
- Partner with the C-Suite Leadership Team to understand and contribute to the business strategy, developing a People and Talent Strategy that underpins and supports the company's direction.
- Create a culture of high performance and continuous feedback. To include ownership of the full Performance Management cycle along with Compensation and Reward.
- Promote the Bossa brand to attract the best talent. Build a robust hiring process, that focuses on candidate experience, and results in hiring the best talent.
- Help us to maintain and evolve our culture as we grow and change by fostering our values and aligning the People & Talent priorities to the business needs.
- The importance of employee engagement can't be overstated - your People strategy will incorporate strategic plans for ensuring new and current talent are engaged and excited to be part of the Bossa journey.
- Work with senior management across the company to identify and develop talent. We want to create as many career defining opportunities for people as we can.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to build communication plans to ensure we are transparent with our teams. It’s important to us that everyone to be aware of the company's priorities, important decisions and updates.
- Lead and manage the People and Talent team, providing support and guidance on priorities and key projects to help them grow.
- Oversee and manage the Office team. Ensure the office environment is one we’re proud of, and allows people to do their best work.
- Ensure Bossa is legally compliant in all HR areas.
- Proven experience partnering with, and supporting Executive teams
- A strong track record of early stage growth within a tech (ideally games) start up environment. A good understanding of the talent challenges and growing pains that come along with it.
- Ability to think strategically, create strategic plans, and importantly turn that into impactful execution.
- Broad experience of all areas of HR
- Strong talent acquisition background
- Proven experience in managing change and working with C level and Senior Management stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing people.
- Deep understanding on talent management and employee engagement
- Excellent understanding of employment legislation.
- Competitive Annual Holiday Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA) – you will immediately be eligible to join Bossa's healthcare scheme which is provided by BUPA.
- Life Assurance – you would immediately be entitled to be part of Bossa’s Life Assurance scheme which in the unfortunate event of an employee’s death their subsidiaries will receive a tax free lump sum payment of 4 times their annual salary.
- Pension Scheme – we match up to 5% of any money that you pay into the pension pot.
- Employee Assistance Programme – you will immediately have access to a 24/7 confidential helpline that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- Supportive family polices - six months fully paid maternity leave and three months fully paid paternity leave
- Cyclescheme - The Cyclescheme allows you to get up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories through Bossa. You then pay a monthly ‘salary sacrifice’ to effectively 'hire' the bike and kit, over a 12 month period.
- Discounted gym membership
- BYOB - Bring Your Own Bossian, of course! - awesome referral bonus
- Eye Tests - Bossa will provide you with an eye test voucher and will also cover up to £40 towards a new pair of glasses.
- Travel to Work Loan – it’s a scheme to help Bossians out with the way they pay for their work travel expenses. Bossa lends you the money to pay for your annual travel ticket up front. We then take out a repayment from your net salary on monthly basis which can either be spread over 10 months or 12 months.
- Healthy Mondays, free snacks, fruit, drinks and just about a 100 types of tea for you to enjoy
- Aaaand more: we have fantastic company culture, loads of social events, company updates (with booze and fancy non-alcoholic drinks) and we're in the centre of London (food is amazing here!)