Welcome to Bossa Studios! An immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves -Bossians!)
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, London-based studio behind several critically acclaimed, YouTube-renowned hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming meme culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, the BAFTA-winning Monstermind, and the yet to be launched Pigeon Simulator.
Our mission is to make the most memorable gaming experiences possible! And to that end, we host an office-wide Game Jam once a month. From HR, to Marketers, to Game Designers, everyone splits into small teams in order to make a brand new game based on that month’s particular theme. The impact this has on Bossa culture, in terms of creativity, autonomy and teamwork, is prolific! We create 5-10 new and always incredibly innovative jamlets (what we call our early playable games!) on a monthly basis, and over our nine years of existence, we’ve selected the best ones to be brought to market, half of which have gone on to become multi-million-dollars IPs.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Creative Producer to take ownership of this early stage ideation process, taking multiple titles from blank paper through to validated prototypes that are ready to be assigned to project teams and go into pre-production.
This role will need someone that is passionate about making games (they might have made their own!) and understands the complexity of game design. Additionally you will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment, familiar with treading the fine line between quality, time and costs.
This is a new, exciting and rare role in one of the industry’s most creative studios and the successful candidate will be right at the centre of Bossa’s creative process.
- IP development - Either building new IPs from the ground up, or developing existing IPs towards future titles and greater heights
- Management - Managing the prototype team on a day to day basis
- Jamming - Managing and improving our ongoing company wide game jams which are the basis for all of our prototyping work
- Validation - Overseeing our validation process, which sees us using both internal and external playtest groups to both improve and validate our titles
- Leadership - Motivating a team of highly skilled individuals to excel
- Communication - Maintaining robust and frequent communications with the team, peers and management
- Planning - Production planning and tracking for the prototype team
- Budget - Budget planning and tracking for ideation projects
- Risk management - Tracking and management of any risks to ideation projects
- Reporting - Making sure all stakeholders are kept aware of the status of ideation projects
- Awareness - Maintaining up to date industry and market awareness, ensuring the games remains competitive
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficient at planning and tracking budgets
- Proficient at scheduling and tracking resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A natural problem solver
- A fascination for finding new and better approaches to problems
- An open and inclusive approach to management
- You understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and you respect those around you
- A drive to learn, improve and share
- The ability to adapt to fluid situations, you know when to stick to the plan and when put it to one side
- Solid Production experience
- 2+ shipped games
- Experience of the full development cycle
- Experience of working in a prototype team
- Ideally a background in game design
- Multiplayer experience
- Multi-platform experience
- Experience with different business models
- Experience working with new and evolving technologies
- Annual Holiday Allowance - our holiday year runs from 1st January- 31st December. We offer all employees a starting holiday allowance of 22 days + UK bank holidays. This allowance will increase by one day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA) – you will immediately be eligible to join Bossa's healthcare scheme which is provided by BUPA.
- Life Assurance – you would immediately be entitled to be part of Bossa’s Life Assurance scheme which in the unfortunate event of an employee’s death their subsidiaries will receive a tax free lump sum payment of 4 times their annual salary.
- Pension Scheme – we match up to 5% of any money that you pay into the pension pot.
- Employee Assistance Programme – you will immediately have access to a 24/7 confidential helpline that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- Supportive family polices - six months fully paid maternity leave and three months fully paid paternity leave
- Cyclescheme - The Cyclescheme allows you to get up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories through Bossa. You then pay a monthly ‘salary sacrifice’ to effectively 'hire' the bike and kit, over a 12 month period.
- Discounted gym membership
- BYOB - Bring Your Own Bossian, of course! - awesome referral bonus
- Eye Tests - Bossa will provide you with an eye test voucher and will also cover up to £40 towards a new pair of glasses.
- Travel to Work Loan – it’s a scheme to help Bossians out with the way they pay for their work travel expenses. Bossa lends you the money to pay for your annual travel ticket up front. We then take out a repayment from your net salary on monthly basis which can either be spread over 10 months or 12 months.
- Healthy Mondays, free snacks, fruit, drinks and just about a 100 types of tea for you to enjoy
- Aaaand more: we have fantastic company culture, loads of social events, company updates (with booze and fancy non-alcoholic drinks) and we're in the centre of London (food is amazing here!)