Who are we?
We are Zzish. We share a passion for building a world in which every teacher uses technology in the classroom to revolutionise learning for students everywhere. We believe we can have a transformational impact on teaching.
A mix of ex-Googlers, ex-teachers, and talented techies, our talented, enthusiastic team are building and scaling a groundbreaking, real time data platform that gives teachers and school leaders connected insights to radically improve student and class progress. It is a unique product that has been embraced by students, teachers and governments alike and is already proving to have a very positive effect on student learning.
The Operations and Investment Associate will have unparalleled exposure to the high-level running of the business, working directly with the CEO and COO to support key operational and fundraising activities. You will assist the executive team in preparing the company for a large funding round - from ensuring robust operations practice to maintaining our investor relations.
- Helping to create and maintain new corporate material for investment
- Outreach to critical new business contacts and investors
- Investor Relations - having been through two crowdfunding rounds, we are very fortunate to have a lot of supportive investors who are keen to know our progress
- Drafting and sending out corporate communications
- Working with the CEO to manage his time effectively, set up and manage important appointments
- Working with the COO to organise and support internal administrative processes
- Supporting on any new external and internal initiatives - from product launches, to charity days, to industry collaborations - we are keen to get you involved across the whole company!
What we need:
A very bright, professional and driven person with exceptional attention to detail. Great communication skills and positivity are key, alongside the willingness to uncomplainingly get stuck into a huge variety of tasks. Everyone who joins our wonderful team at Zzish is given a great deal of independence and opportunity from day one, so we always look for natural ‘intrapreneurs’ who are able to come up with good ideas and take responsibility for driving them forward.
You will also have a real curiosity about the business and financial operations of a tech startup. A lot of what you’re working on won’t make much sense if you don’t naturally take a keen interest in the processes behind it, and how they affect the bigger picture.
- Competitive salary in line with experience plus commission
- Opportunities to grow and advance your career
- Share options once in a permanent role: when we achieve our goals these will be worth more than the annual salary
- PerkBox benefits: www.perkbox.co.uk
- Cool workspace in London Bridge with ping pong tables, a roof terrace, a barista, massages and playtime with our office dog, Jim
- Team socials
- To join and learn from a team of passionate and super talented people
- The chance to use your talent for the social good!
Whilst this is initially a three-month internship, the role is expected to turn into a permanent position, if there is a business area that suits the right candidate.