Perkbox has built one of the UK’s most successful digital employee experience platforms, offering employers a wide choice of financial, health and wellbeing perks with which to recognize and reward their employees. Headquartered in London, we have grown from 20 employees in April 2015 to over 270 employees and have offices in Sheffield, Paris and Sydney. Perkbox helps companies of all sizes attract, motivate and retain staff by creating a positive and supportive working culture.
We're considered one of the most refreshing and innovative ways for businesses to improve employee happiness and productivity. To achieve this, we practice what we preach. That's why the ability for our team members to demonstrate understanding and apply our workplace values on a day-to-day basis, is key to our success. Unity, Curiosity, Trust and Spirit are embedded in all roles within our business. Applicants will be expected to evidence our values as part of the application process!
You can see more about our proposition here:-
And you can get a peek as to how our culture is here:-
About Your Tribe - the Data Tribe
The Data Tribe is part of the Product and Engineering organisation. It exists to devise, communicate and maintain the data strategy for the organisation by directly working with those conducting data analysis and science across the organisation to formulate the strategy. It is responsible for the delivery of the required infrastructure to execute that strategy while ensuring that the infrastructure remains operational and fit for purpose on a day-to-day basis. The Tribe is composed of data engineers, BI developers and analyst support roles.
About The Role
In your role as Data Engineer you will be asked to:
- Work with Data Warehouse software, SQL, Stored Procedure development, large and complex data sets
- Work with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Design, build and maintain Data Lake solutions
- Design, build and deploy large scale real-time and batch Data pipelines
- Collaborate with Data Scientists integrating prediction and machine learning projects
- Work with data stakeholders to ensure their requirements are effectively met in the data solutions
Ideally you will have:
- Background as a Data Developer or Data Engineer
- Strong knowledge of Python (to implement well designed scripts)
- Strong knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Data Lakes etc
- Experience building Data pipelines in a cloud environment using AWS or similar
- Knowledge of scheduling tools, e.g. Airflow
- Knowledge of database design
- Knowledge of writing SQL (Procedures, functions, triggers etc)
- Experience with AWS Redshift and AWS Glue
- Love automating tasks and work to deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning etc)
- A passion for building high quality products to drive real change for businesses
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
Hopefully you would agree it would be a bit silly to have an employee perks company called Perkbox and not offer our own team amazing perks! The hint is in the name. You of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, pension, and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.