Software | Up to £70k p.a. | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We have built a pan-European IoT network of smart charging devices and need pioneering tech infrastructure to support it.
We need a passionate DevOps Engineer to help us achieve our mission - you will be working with the latest technology to support our roadmap. We are heavily embedded and invested in AWS and use most of their service features, including Kinesis, Elastic Search, RDS, Redshift, SQS, SNS, Opsworks, Lambda, CloudFront, API Gateway, CodeBuild and so on. We are in the process of moving our orchestration layer to Docker and Terraform. You will be architecting our infrastructure build and deployment pipeline, and managing the ongoing evolution of our tech stack to ensure it scales with the business.
You should be hungry for innovation and keen to explore and utilise all of the tools available to make your work effective and industry leading. You will work closely with the software teams to build elegant, high performance solutions; you will report into the Head of Software Engineering and will be based out of our offices near to Old Street Station in London.
- You’re always learning new technologies and looking to advance your skills
- You’re organised and detail oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts
- You play well with others
- You get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work
What you’ll need
- Experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure using Docker
- Excellent understanding of AWS, working with services such as Lambda, Elastic search, Kinesis, S3, RDS, SQS, Opsworks, Red Shift, Route 53, etc.
- Good understanding of relational database structures and data warehousing
- Excellent knowledge of systems security, VPCs and Networking
- Knowledge of systems architecture and web technologies (including micro services and serverless)
- Excellent understanding of scalable, distributed and real-time platforms
- Ability to review proposals, designs and specifications to ensure they are implementable, proposing suitable alternatives if necessary
- Experience working within development pipelines and continuous integration
- Experience working within an Agile software team (SCRUM)
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!