Based in East London, this is an exciting opportunity to become an early member of our sales team in an ambitious, fast-moving tech start-up in the events & exhibition industry.
You’ll play a key role in accelerating and growing our customer base by building key relationships with customers around the world.
We’re seeking an ambitious and charismatic Business Development Manager to help shape the next phase of ExpoCart so if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact then this role is for you and we’d love to hear from you!
ExpoCart is on a mission to simplify the way companies find and order event equipment for their exhibition stands and events throughout the UK.
Through our e-commerce marketplace, we’ve been creating the simplest and most convenient way to source equipment through our extensive network of trusted event suppliers.
Companies can choose from a curated range of products including furniture, payment systems, props to audio visual equipment and graphics all in one place enabling them to seamlessly order everything they need for their exhibitions and events.
We have been named one of the Top 100 Startups in the UK two years in a row so we are now looking to grow faster than ever.
As an early member of our team, you’ll have the chance to hit the ground running and take full ownership for your sales funnel since you’ll be responsible for opening leads, engaging exhibitors and closing your own deals whilst conveying the ExpoCart vision.
To excel at this role, you will be expected to be a self-starter, have an impressive ability to build rapport with people quickly and a willingness to go above and beyond to help the business grow. We’re a close knit team and the working environment is fun, fast paced and ambitious so it would definitely suit someone who relishes this and is up for a challenge!
- You have at least 1 years experience in a sales or business development role
- Have a passion for sales or want to start a career in sales or business development
- Experience in a startup is preferable but not essential!
- You have an insatiable drive to succeed and obsessive about achieving results!
- You have excellent written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional emails *
- You have a natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player!
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills & experience using CRM systems as you’ll be expected to juggle multiple tools
- Show commercial awareness and are KPI driven
- Capacity to multi-task and think on your feet
- A degree from a good university or equivalent sales experience
- £22k - £25k base (dependent on experience)
- Uncapped commissions, £30k - £45k OTE
- Great opportunities to grow with us and have direct input in accelerating growth
- Friendly & close knit team!
- Vibrant office environment complete with coffee on tap, free snacks & outdoor terrace
- Team meals and activities, Friday beers & drinks
If you’d like to play a key part in our young, exciting business as it scales then we’d love to hear from you!