We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Front-End Developer based in London to join the team working on our exciting Machine Learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our World.
causaLens leads causal AI research. Causality is a major step towards developing true AI. Our technology transforms organisations by autonomously discovering valuable insights that optimise business outcomes. Our flagship product, time-series prediction engine, goes beyond both traditional machine learning and AutoML. It has become the industry standard in the financial sector and is increasingly being used in a wide range of industries. causaLens is run by top scientists and engineers, 70% holding a PhD in a quantitative field. For more information visit www.causaLens.com or contact us on info@causaLens.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
causaLens in the News
- Experience with VueJS or similar frameworks (React, AngularJS)
- Experience with Django and Django template engine
- Experience in developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems.
- Interest in improving existing UI/UX, creating a consistent design and responsive user experiences across multiple devices.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language - preferably Python
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Attention to details
- Ideally, you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop an automated machine learning platform for time series. You will work as a Front End Engineer in a team of software engineers and scientists. The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies.
A degree in Computer Science, or applicable subject area would be preferable. You should have a proven experience programming for front-end development. You should be comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others. You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and take responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. You will be responsible from investigating, reproducing and resolving defects. You will be expected to work to and feed into development standards & best practices. Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools is desirable. You should also have the ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a test, intro interview, several tech interviews and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.