We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Data Scientist - Reinforcement Learning based in London to join the team on our vision to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
causaLens is pioneering a completely new approach to time-series prediction. Its Enterprise Platform is used to transform and optimise businesses that need accurate and robust predictions – including significant businesses in finance, IoT, energy and telecoms. Almost all current machine learning approaches, including AutoML solutions, severely overfit on time-series problems and therefore fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens was founded with the mission to devise Causal AI, which does not overfit, and so provides far more reliable and accurate predictions. The platform also includes capabilities such as autonomous data cleaning and searching, autonomous model discovery and end-to-end streaming productisation.
causaLens is on a mission to build truly intelligent machines that go beyond current machine learning approaches - a curve-fitting exercise. Devising Causal AI has allowed us to teach machines cause and effect for the first time - a major step towards true AI.
causaLens is run by scientists and engineers, the majority holding a PhD in a quantitative field. For more information visit www.causaLens.com or contact us on info@causaLens.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
causaLens in the News
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person to build causaLens Reinforcement Learning systems from scratch. You will be leading all Reinforcement Learning projects.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of an intelligence test, interview and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- This role is open for candidates of all seniorities, junior to senior.
- Previous experience building Reinforcement Learning systems
- Strong academic record (PhD or PostDoc in Reinforcement Learning)
- Creativity and ability to come up with ideas to tackle very hard problems and design/implement cutting edge solutions
- Very advanced quantitative skills in machine learning/statistics/mathematics or similar fields
- Ability to translate advanced machine learning algorithms into code (Python preferred)
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and drive
- Naturally curious and effective problem solver
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with a high level of business acumen
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment