Thirdfort are fundamentally changing the house buying and selling process. Home buyers are currently subject to identity and anti-money laundering checks at multiple times throughout a transaction, including from estate agents, mortgage brokers and lawyers. In addition, these professionals manually input data many times over which is inefficient and takes time away from them providing a great service.
We have developed the Thirdfort app to address these challenges. We leverage Open Banking, electronic identification, data analytics and AI to streamline the administration of onboarding clients and radically improve the process for all parties. Long term, we aim to become the trusted transaction platform for the sector.
Our platform is currently focused on property lawyers to enable them to carry out digital identity and AML checks through the Thirdfort app. Our vision is to supply this same technology to brokers and agents to streamline their processes.
We are a small but rapidly growing team that is backed by some of the industry’s best, including the founder of Zoopla, the Land Registry and top UK law firm Mishcon de Reya.
This is a great opportunity for a capable and hungry Customer Success Representative to join Thirdfort as the first hire in this position and as a one of the first employees in our new Manchester office.
In 2019 we’ve grown from 3 to 12 people in our London office and having launched our platform 8 months ago, we’re growing rapidly and now need a Customer Success Representative to come onboard and assist our growing number of clients. We are opening a new office in the centre of Manchester in January 2019 and are looking to hire 2 or 3 new starters in this new office. The plan is to build this Manchester office into our key client excellent hub where we will build out our customer support, customer success and sales functions.
You’ll work closely with our Manager of Customer Success who will be based in Manchester as well as our Co-Founders, Head of Sales, Head of Marketing, Product and tech teams based in London mainly, although we will all be in the new Manchester office frequently and sometimes for extended periods of time, especially in the early days as it grows. You will also spend some time in London to ensure the team stays as connected as possible. You’ll be jumping into a fast, dynamic and ambitious culture that prioritises collaboration, openness and continuous learning.
The job involves taking ownership of Customer Success for your clients and being on the front line as the first point of contact at Thirdfort for any customers calling us looking for assistance. This role requires you to quickly get to grips with our tech product and how it works so you can deal with any questions that might come your way. Being able to offer great service and advice to clients is essential, whilst feeding back any issues and improvements that can be made to the product and tech teams, as well as up selling new products. We also need you to be able to continually help us streamline the customer support process so that it is as efficient as possible.
You will be part of the initial team that sets up our Manchester office and will have the opportunity to establish the processes, culture and inner workings of this new part of the Thirdfort business. There is also room for career progression as we intend to scale the team in Manchester fast and you will have the opportunity to help in this process with hiring, training and onboarding new staff.
- You will be hungry to join an early stage and epically exciting startup. You’ll get excited about the prospect of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in because you recognise the huge and grabbable opportunity.
- Be happy to get your hands dirty as the front line of our Customer Management team
- You will have an open and friendly attitude that puts customer service at the heart of everything you do. We need our clients to love working with you and be able to trust you as their key ongoing relationship management contact at Thirdfort.
- You’ll want to devour information from our clients and you’ll want to get to grips with the legal process involved in property transactions and the key pain points we are solving
- You will have the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, train and educate users, and collaborate across multiple teams
- Be organised and ready to take on the challenge of managing a demanding office that is growing fast
Nice to have
- 1-3 years Customer Account Management experience, especially in the start up or tech or legal space is helpful, however we’re open minded and still interested in people coming from jobs in other areas who want to get to the frontline of a dynamic startup where you’ll get to enjoy the fruits of your efforts.
- Take responsibility for your allocated clients as their Customer Account Manager and helping them get the most out of Thirdfort
- Evaluate, improve and execute our Account Management strategy with the Co-Founders, Sales and Customer Success teams
- Set and deliver ambitious Account Management targets
- £20-28k annual salary (dependant on experience)
- Stock options - We want you to own the work that you do and this means owning the company you work in. All employees receive options as part of their compensation package
- Pension - We offer a workplace pension for all employees
- Large amounts of autonomy and empowerment in your work
- Holidays - Unlimited! Take as much time as your need so long as you have enough time to get the job done.
- Flexible working location/working from home. We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role and makes you a great team member
- Central Manchester office. We are still finalising the location but it will be a private office within a bigger co-working space. We will install a free drinks/beer/wine fridge for Thirdfort employees.
Our application process
- Apply on this page
- We may ask you further follow up questions over email
- Telephone interview (late Nov/early Dec)
- Final face to face interview in Manchester (early Dec)
- The application period closes on 2nd December 2019
- We will interview on a first come first serve basis. So don't delay, apply as soon as possible.
- Your start date would ideally be early January when we open the new office. But we can be a little flexible if you want to start a little earlier or later.