Technical Architect - Telephony cloud digitalisation with Microsoft Teams
Client: Pensions Partnership
Security clearance: BPSS clearance
Length: 6 months with potential for extension
Latest Start Date: 2nd January 2020
Deadline for applications: 15th November 2019
Fixed Term Contract: £65K pa
Our client is actively seeking to provide an enhanced, scalable digital cloud Telephony capability to end-users. This capability will need to meet call-centre & end-user requirements, together with seamlessly integrating into Microsoft Teams.
Why the work is being done:
Our Clients is actively seeking to provide end-users with an enhanced digital cloud Telephony capability. Microsoft Teams is a primary collaboration tool and we wish to ensure that any future telephony capability works seamlessly with this product.
The current telephony solution in use within LPP is provided by Avaya enterprise telephony (IP500), providing standard Telephony capabilities 350+ resources - via Avaya 1608 desk-phones, with backend SIP trunk connectivity.
This outcome envisions end users having the option to click on the telephone icon with Microsoft Teams (on any device), and be provided with a range of digital telephony services at an enterprise level, or being able to utilise telephone services (as they currently do) using a desk phone.
Importantly, LPP's Call Centre utilises 'call-centre' functionality offered via the same IP500 which must be provided by any new system introduced, as well as call recording/storage capabilities to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Whilst all resources within LPP utilise existing telephony services, the internal ICT team are the primary contact point for all Software, Hardware and Network related support and technical change. Additional suppliers provide assistance if/where required.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience (within the last 24 months) of delivering enterprise digital cloud telephony into a UK based organisation of over 300 staff.
- Demonstrable experience (within the last 24 months) of delivering enterprise digital cloud telephony which is seamlessly integrated with Microsoft Teams
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery skills to deliver enterprise digital cloud telephony solutions successfully.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering telephony capabilities into highly regulated organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking technical analysis & design activities to deliver cloud telephony
- Demonstrable experience of working successfully with other suppliers on technical solution delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of working and interfacing technologies with Microsoft Azure / Office365 / Active Directory solutions
- Demonstrable experience of telephony solutions, specifically Avaya IP500 as well as associated Session Board Controllers & SIP trunk technology