We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is truly global - we work with schools and universities in countries all over the world from the US to New Zealand and Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
As an Account Manager your role is to make sure that all partners in your area are using the Unifrog platform to its full capacity. You will build and maintain excellent working relationships with your partner schools and provide expert guidance on how to embed the platform across the whole school. Described below are some of your main responsibilities:
- Work with schools to provide resources and strategies which maximise staff and student engagement with Unifrog; identifying and promoting best practice across partner schools
- Deliver targeted training sessions within our partner schools; these could be workshops or presentations
- Monitor and analyse usage across partner schools; identifying schools that need additional support to use the platform effectively
- Work with the relevant Area Manager to improve Unifrog engagement
- Listen to teachers and students about how we can improve our customer service and the Unifrog platform
- Attend conferences and CPD events on behalf of Unifrog
Training and development
- Professional development is at the core of our performance review process
- Everyone in the company defines their own 6 month objectives; their line manager and the rest of the organisation support them to reach these objectives
- Everyone in the company has access to an annual training budget. Each person decides how to spend their budget, supported by their line manager
- Anyone in the team can volunteer to become a 'Champion' in a specific area - they get an additional training budget, and the chance to lead training sessions for the whole team
- When senior/managerial positions become available we typically look to promote from within
- Subject to your own and the company’s performance, in addition to your salary you will earn both a termly bonus and an annual bonus
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We try to build our team for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to ensure you want to stay at the company for a long time
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from
- People-focused, working closely with staff in our partner schools
- Join one of the most talked about education technology startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools
Essential skills and experiences
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of excellent relationship management
- Extremely well organised
- Keen attention to detail
- Confident speaker
- A background and interest in education would be an advantage
- Full UK driving license with car is essential
- £32,000 per annum plus bonuses
- 36 days paid holiday per year; the vast majority of these need to be taken during school holidays (includes bank holidays)
- Annual car allowance plus mileage
- Normal working hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday – some days you may need to start earlier but you can finish earlier as a result
- Start date: early January 2020
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail in advance of applying then please call Vikki on 07702310606 or Hayley on 07801973827.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
Application and interview details
- Please send a cover letter and CV
- Deadline: 8am on Monday 9th December
- In your cover letter please outline why you want to work for Unifrog and why you are an excellent candidate for the role
- We will hold telephone interviews throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early
- Candidates who are successful in the telephone interview will be invited to an in-person interview
- Final interviews to be held on Thursday 12th December in Manchester
We can only consider applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the EU.