We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
Each hire is the chance to find someone great, who will bring fresh ideas and energy to drive your business forward. For individuals, each new role is a chance to make an impact, develop skills and make new friends. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both companies and candidates dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and haven’t looked back since. We now connect more than 65,000 candidates to 2,500 of the most exciting companies in the world, including the likes of Monzo, Uber Eats, Bulb Energy and BCG to name a few. The team has grown from 3-35 and we’ve attracted more than £3m of investment to accelerate our growth.
We’re now looking for a Head of Finance to build and lead our Finance function from scratch. Initially you'll be the Finance one-stop-shop, but over time you'll be responsible for expanding the team as we grow. As a result, this will be a hugely varied and pivotal role within the management team that provides great opportunity for growth and ownership.
The role will initially be split into two broad areas: 1) Finance Operations and 2) Accounting & Strategy. Over time your focus will be primarily on 2), but for the first few months we'll need you to get your hands dirty and take ownership of both to get the team up and running.
Responsibilities will include (but by no means be limited to!):
- Finance Operations:
- Manage end-to-end AP & AR processes
- Run weekly payroll runs for temporary workers
- Manage accounts payable ledger on a day-to-day basis, reconcile accounts
- Process employee payroll, process expense claims and credit card reports
- Accounting & Strategy:
- Responsible for preparation of regular consolidated management accounts
- Work with the founders to provide strategic, board and fundraising support
- Perform regular bank reconciliations & financial analysis
- Work with the team leads to manage monthly budgeting and forecasting processes
- Identify opportunities and drive process improvement