We’re PitPat and we’re connecting dogs to the internet. Yes really, we’re not barking mad. We’re using the latest technology to help owners and pet care brands keep dogs happy and healthy. And they love it! Thousands of dog owners use our app and services every day and we’re growing all the time.
PitPat’s app and cloud services rely on a well maintained production Azure cloud infrastructure. In addition, our software development team is dependent on a suite of development servers and tools in order to develop, test and release new versions of the product. We are seeking candidates for the new role of Cloud & IT Systems Administrator whose primary role will be building and maintaining our development infrastructure and production Azure systems to ensure that the functions the
software development team rely on run smoothly, allowing them to focus on their individual roles and development of the product.
The Cloud & IT Systems Administrator will:
- Manage our software build process.
- Manage and execute software and app release processes.
- Maintain cloud infrastructure including databases, APIs, web and payment systems.
- Maintain repositories and assets.
- Develop automated testing infrastructure.
- Take over and develop internal support tools.
- Manage software purchasing, Microsoft licensing and certificates.
- Manage internal servers and backups.
- Provide internal IT support for the wider team (non-development roles).
We’re looking for someone with previous experience in a systems administrator, dev-ops or IT management role, and someone who is:
- Confident with technology and apps and enjoys staying on the leading edge.
- Enjoys working across a variety of environments and programming languages.
- A self starter who is able to manage time, prioritise and multi-task as necessary.
- Reliable, organised, and has excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic about the large number of dog-related puns that form part of our working lives.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Garden with BBQ
- Well stocked kitchen
- Pawsome team social events
Job reference: PP-JOB-17
Reports to: CTO.
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Remuneration: Competitive + benefits, based on experience.
Start date: ASAP.