We’re PitPat and we’re connecting dogs to the internet. Yes really, we’re not barking mad. We’re using the latest technology to help owners and pet care brands keep dogs happy and healthy. And they love it! Thousands of dog owners use our app and services every day and we’re growing all the time.
The evolution of PitPat’s app and cloud services rely on effective software development and teamwork, both within the team, and between the team and other functions. We are seeking candidates for the new role of Software Development Assistant, who will support the administrative processes that surround software development and assist the development team — and its individual members — to coordinate and communicate.
This is not a management or software development role - instead the Software Development Assistant is successful if, as a result of their actions, the other members of the software development team are able to remain fully-focussed on the core technical responsibilities of their individual roles, with as many of the surrounding administration and process-oriented tasks as possible lifted from their shoulders.
The Software Development Assistant will:
- Ensure that meetings and other processes required for software development are appropriately scheduled and completed.
- Ensure that the discussions, outcomes and decisions made at meetings in which the development team are involved are appropriately documented and recorded.
- Help to maintain the content of the team’s internal process management systems (for example, acting as “housekeeper” for Jira and Confluence).
- Maintain and improve the mechanism(s) that the team uses to communicate with other functions in the company, ensuring that product requirements, delivery pipelines, timelines, plans and forecasts are kept up-to-date and available for the rest of the company to act and rely on.
- Watch out for, identify and raise awareness of potential deviations from the planned/forecasted deliverables. Help to replan/reforecast as appropriate.
- Maintain an understanding of inter-person dependencies within the team/development programme. Identify blockages and act to mitigate them. Chase for and obtain deliverables if required.
- Manage the processes of other non-technical tasks such as sourcing and receiving translations for user-visible text in the software developed by the team.
- Coordinate the tasks that surround and have to be completed each time the team releases a new software version.
- Help support the team’s interactions with the customer support team, including scheduling of the technical support rota and managing any exceptions to that rota.
- Support the CTO personally in ad-hoc task management, coordination, etc. allowing him/her to maintain and maximise a coherent focus on the key elements of that role.
- Come up with, propose and implement any new approaches, processes or techniques that could help make any of the coordination and communication-oriented elements of the software development process smoother.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement.
We’re looking for someone with previous experience of supporting software development functions and projects in a product development organisation, and someone who is:
- A natural communicator, who enjoys working closely with people, across teams and helping others.
- Process orientated, who loves developing efficient and well-defined processes that help teams run smoothly – you’ll be ruthlessly efficient and eager to remove barriers to getting things done.
- A self starter who is able to manage time, prioritise and multi-task as necessary;
- Reliable, organised, and has a drive to get the details right – you’re probably the sort of person who hates loose ends, documents that aren’t quite right or actions that haven’t been followed up.
- Enthusiastic about the large number of dog-related puns that form part of our working lives.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Garden with BBQ
- Well stocked kitchen
- Pawsome team social events
Job reference: PP-JOB-18
Reports to: CTO.
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Remuneration: Competitive + benefits, based on experience.
Start date: ASAP.