We are a new tech start-up focussed on solving recruitment problems for design professionals working in the construction sector. We launched in June 2019 and now have over 1,600 users signed up, with over 100 new users registering each week.
In order to support our next phase of growth we are looking for a Business Development Manager to help build and expand our relationships with employers within architecture, engineering, and design.
You will be responsible for building a solid network of contacts, persuading employers to sign up to the platform whether or not they are not currently recruiting, in order to be part of our growing community and to receive exclusive employer benefits. You will have an organised and structured pipeline so that when an employer is looking to recruit, you will already have that relationship built and you will have the skills and experience to persuade them to list their vacancy exclusively through our platform.
Based in our offices in Camden, you will be expected to work closely with our Operations and Marketing Manager and product team to continually improve the experience for our members.
Finally, as our algorithm automatically matches candidates to the roles, this is not a traditional recruitment consultant role. You will not be approaching or dealing with candidates directly and your responsibilities lie solely with the development of relationships with employer organisations.
- Identify and build relationships with key prospects.
- Account management for existing members, ensuring they are happy with the service and continue to post jobs on the platform.
- Prospect research - identifying who is currently hiring and directly approaching to secure new business.
- Keeping in close contact with the employers, tracking the status of the jobs on the platform and ensuring employers are regularly checking their accounts after posting jobs.
- Feeding back the employer experience to the product team so that the platform can be continually improved.
- Keeping a managed pipeline through Hubspot
- Inputting from a sales perspective into the sales & marketing plan.
- Reporting and metrics.
- Previous experience in or knowledge of the architectural, engineering, or design disciplines (essential)
- Recruitment experience within one of the above fields (preferred)
- Experience using Hubspot as a sales management tool (preferred)
- Experience working in a small team or tech start-up (preferred)