Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking an experienced, dynamic Head of People to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
The role: Adzuna is a great place to work already, and we need a strong Head of People to help us scale up our business without losing our agility and where we’ve come from. This is a key position with the opportunity to have a huge, amazing influence, in a career-defining role. We have a good platform already – a successful, profitable and fast-growing business with a great product, an experienced management team who take responsibility for their people, and a generally high employee engagement score.
The key goals of the role are to keep our people focussed, productive and engaged so that we as a business hit our ambitious growth targets; to attract top talent; to scale and institutionalise all the best parts of our culture; to upskill the team and to stop politics and bureaucracy from creeping in as the size and complexity of our business increases.
Based in our great Fulham office, you will report to our CEO Doug Monro and work closely with co-founders and management team, to build on and implement their vision for Adzuna and its people. You will work independently in a fast-moving, low-structure environment where you will have the opportunity to help lead and shape our culture. If you’ve watched the tv show ‘Billions’, you’re Wendy Rhoades – a tough but empathic character who makes us perform at our best! You will be supported by our office manager, and in-house recruiter. You will shine through our teams’ incredible work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for team productivity, performance and engagement
- Responsibility alongside hiring managers for recruitment and candidate experience
- Onboarding of new hires across tech, sales and marketing, including remote locations
- Learning, training and development for all our staff including our leadership team
- Creating a high performance culture and leading our performance management and salary review processes
- Helping define social events and other culture development
- Live and be an advocate of our company culture and values
- Leadership of operational processes and policies
- Manage our office manager & in-house recruiter
If your idea of a great people function is making sure we have all the right forms filled in for 360 monthly performance reviews and a best practise health and safety policy, please do not apply! We’re looking for someone who is both empathetic and business-focussed, fits our entrepreneurial culture and who can help us to help all our people perform at their best and develop their careers.
Our opportunity offers the chance to use your existing expertise to help build something to be proud of, whilst becoming a part of one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe. We offer a supportive working environment, with an emphasis on team-working, mentoring and training. It's fun and fast moving. Join us!