Do you have a keen, analytical mind? Do you enjoy interpreting data and using it to draw conclusions? Are you curious about credit and its role in inclusive finance?
If you can say “yes” to the above, then keep reading: we’re on the lookout for a Credit Risk Analyst who can help solve cross-company analytical problems and propose impactful product and policy changes.
You will be responsible for all things data, focusing on credit risk, fraud, and optimising customer outcomes. You’ll monitor the portfolio, create risk models, and propose new product and pricing strategies to ensure that the business stays at the top of its game.
What will your workday look like?
You will be based at our Moray House office on Great Titchfield Street (GTS), just around the corner from lively Oxford Street. Moray House is home to our Risk, Marketing, Engineering, Compliance, Data, Talent, and Finance teams, so there is always a lot going on! It’s a busy and diverse environment where everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets stuck in. You may, on occasion, need to work at our Sunley House office in Croydon, where our Operations, HR, and Customer Services teams are based. 5 minutes from Croydon train station, Sunley is a vibrant space which has recently received a much-deserved make-over (including the installation of a games room!).
Whilst the ins-and-outs of every day will vary, you can expect to:
- design, build and maintain our risk and profitability models (these are used to underwrite loans, combat fraud, set product pricing, segment customers, and predict portfolio performance);
- analyse the performance of our statistical models and their associated business rules and propose how they should be set to achieve risk-reward outcomes and profitability targets;
- write credit policies that codify how our models work and present them to the Credit Committee for formal approval;
- propose data-driven product changes to improve customer experience and company profitability, partnering with the Product, Data Science and Engineering teams to implement your solutions;
- monitor the portfolio to identify trends and share performance updates and analysis; and
- conduct ad-hoc analysis to identify changes in portfolio performance, propose solutions and evaluate their expected impact.
What will you bring to the role?
- 3+ years’ experience in statistical or quantitative modelling;
- strong R or Python skills and a good working knowledge of SQL;
- confidence to extract insights from real-world datasets and to share your findings with managementand investors;
- strong attention to detail and a highly analytical mind; and
- genuine interest in consumer finance, customer psychology and the challenges of lending responsibly in the UK and in emerging markets.
What you’ll get in return
- a competitive salary
- flexible work arrangements
- private health care
- enrolment in our pension scheme
- a fantastic office in the centre of London
- free tea, coffee and snacks
- regular team lunches
- the chance to help shape the company as we continue to grow and expand
Who is Oakam?
We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. We’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most: so far, we’ve provided around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
And we’re just getting started: we’re an ambitious company, with plans to grow tenfold and to expand into Sub-Saharan Africa over the next 2 years. Our core team has been carefully selected from leading financial companies (including Barclays, JP Morgan, and Soldo) and we’re looking for more top talent to drive us towards our goals during this new phase of growth.
Sound good? Apply now!