Who are we?
The more we ate, the more we learned, the more we came to realise something: that there’s a whole world of quality food out there that simply isn’t getting the attention it deserves.
And so Bravo was born from the desire to make food that benefits both the body and the mind by always offering fresh, all-natural dishes created with ingredients sourced by our team of experts.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Head of Operations to build and lead our operations function across the business. Reporting directly to the Founder, this is a senior leadership role with very exciting prospects and potential to grow for the right candidate.
Your key responsibility will be to ensure that we consistently deliver the most exceptional customer experience. This requires a strong, committed, passionate team; rigorous operational systems, processes and controls and working effectively with our partners from the restaurants to our packaging manufacturers. The aim is to ensure we consistently deliver incredible dishes to our discerning customers, just as the chef intended.
Supported initially by the Operations Executive and Supply Chain & R&D Manager, you will hire and train riders, implement coverage of shifts and ensure efficient operation on the day, working to effective SOPs. Initially, you are likely to be managing the operation on a daily basis yourself; over time you will determine the best balance of direct involvement and delegation to your team.
Over time, you are also likely to add customer service staff to manage any issues on the day.
In addition to your core operational roles, you will have overall responsibility for areas such as IT, software, supply chain & procurement, Intellectual Property (IP) and patents, Health & Safety and premises.
Directly or through your team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Logistics - specifying, implementing, evaluating and managing the logistical solutions in order to maximise fleet efficiency whilst minimising costs
- Service delivery - ensuring highest standards of delivery of orders to customers on a daily basis with orders arriving on time and in perfect condition
- Project management - establishing, scheduling, overseeing and delivering multi-departmental workstreams, in a timely fashion, across defined project periods
- Recruitment & staffing: attracting, retaining and developing talented staff; hire staff to fit demand across weekdays, seasons and sites; implement rosters and manage staffing to accommodate staff absences. Ensuring all staff trained on processes and to deliver the highest standards of customer service
- Systems, process, control: introducing processes for riders and restaurants, including safety, quality control and issue resolution. Selecting and implement technology tools for your own team e.g. people management or vehicle tracking tools etc.
- Restaurant partnership management: ensuring restaurants understand and fulfil their responsibilities, maintain good relationships and resolve issues to ensure a constructive partnership, stock control to ensure restaurants can deliver the service
- Fleet management: ensuring bikes are ready for operation each day, including maintenance, repair and fueling - includes managing relationships/ costs with garages, stock management of replacement parts
Supply Chain, R&D, H&S, IT and premises
- Supply Chain - Sourcing and management of 3rd party suppliers for our packaging and transportation components including recyclable tableware (plates, bowls etc), and cardboard cartons
- Intellectual Property - Managing the steps required to develop and protect our IP, including management of 3rd party professional services and project management of the process stages
- Health and Safety – introducing principles and practices for our staff and premises
- IT Management - e.g. laptops & email accounts for teams, IT security etc.
- Premises - management: security, utilities etc
- People management: overall responsibility for performance management of staff, including development of talent and career progression, absence management
- Cost management: manage delivery of objectives within budget, with continuous focus on finding efficiencies
We are a start-up, with everything that brings – lots of excitement and buzz, but also lots of autonomy and responsibility and no doubt a lot of change. You’ll need to be comfortable adapting quickly and managing without a lot of external support. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future and could find yourself growing into wider activities as we grow.
To do this role well, you’ll have:
- Minimum 3 years in a role where you are managing teams to deliver customer service. This will preferably be in the context of a delivery/transport operation but could come from any area of customer service
- Direct experience of conducting recruitment and managing staff training
- A track record of achieving high customer service standards, preferably in a premium service environment. In particular, experience of working to KPIs and reporting performance to managers
- Experience of managing supply chain activities
- Experience in managing costs and budgets
- Ability to be agile, work under pressure and consistently manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Willingness to work late and on weekends
- Experience of time-critical delivery operations
- Experience of fleet management, especially with mopeds/motorbikes
- Experience of rider tracking technology
- Analytical skills: the ability to look at the data to identify where issues are occurring and to plan improvements
- Interest in food and restaurants
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Commercially minded
- Team player/collaborative
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Problem solver
- Lead by example
- Fiercely organised
- Competitive salary
- Biannual Bonus
- Core member of the team from day 1, where you can make a real difference
If you fit this description and want to join an incredibly exciting startup where you can make a real difference, apply now!