SEEKING TECH CO-FOUNDER FOR NICHE SEARCH ENGINE STARTUP
GOES (Global Online Expertise Sharing) is an international startup backed by Innosuisse (Swiss Innovation Agency), working in collaboration with HES-SO (University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Western Switzerland).
GOES is developing a disruptive technology – a vertical search engine - with high-growth potential in the niche of audience data search. Users will be able to find publicly available details of professionals, experts in different fields or users and owners of products or services.
Are you a versatile developer looking for something bigger, such as an opportunity to help grow and own a share of a successful company? Or a seasoned tech pro looking for a new challenging project?
Founded by veterans of the market research industry, GOES is entering its second year of technical development.
We´re now seeking a Tech Co-Founder to form part of the core team and drive the development through the following phases:
- Work closely to finalize and launch the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) during 2020
- Co-ordinate transition of the MVP into a fully-fledged product in 2021
- Act as CTO to lead the ongoing technical development of the product
We´d love to meet you if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a versatile skillset with a focus on DevOps and backend – able to get stuck into coding when required, but with the ambition to lead a tech team in a successful startup all the way to exit.
The role is full-time with stock options.
Key skills we’re looking for
- Knowledge of web information retrieval tools
- Experience in web mining and more specifically in scraping and crawling
- Experience with NLP techniques such as NER, text classification, word embedding using libraries like Gensim, NLTK, Spacy and FastText
- Experience in ML/Data science with popular ML libraries (e.g. Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Knowledge of big data technologies
- Flexibility, autonomy and organizational skills
- Good command of oral and written English
Location: UK with trips in Europe
Starting: End of Jan – Beginning of Feb 2020