Product Developer (Fluidics)
Keratify is a newly founded multi-award winning company at the leading edge of bioengineering dedicated to improving test processes for cosmetics and dermatology pharmaceuticals. With over 50% of the world’s population suffering from some form of skin condition, we strive to provide usable solutions for accelerating skincare R&D.
We are looking for a talented individual keen to take a leading role in advancing the product development of our platform prototype device. Your work will uniquely and directly shape the success of Keratify to make a global impact on dermatology preclinical test practices. Experience of developing plasticware for medical/laboratory devices, knowledge of mechanical engineering for fluidic devices and advancing end-to-end prototype development to product manufacture is highly desirable. We proudly value diversity, inclusivity, and equal employment opportunity and welcome applications for a highly skilled person to join our team.
- Advance the plasticware design of our platform prototype (skin testing device).
- Lead end-to-end prototype to product development and volume manufacture.
- Identify and implement design requirements to advance fluidic and microfluidic systems.
- Provide extensive knowledge and selection of materials for design fabrication compatible with biological applications.
- Collaborate with software engineers, electronic engineers and biologists to support team members in delivering practical solutions of our platform technology.
- Manage prototype iterations using agile practices to accelerate product development.
- Support regulatory and relevant ISO certification.
- Maintain awareness and assessment of emerging technologies, implement relevant advancing technology.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate in product development and/or mechanical engineering (or relevant domain) with a minimum of 3 years commercial experience.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics and materials science would be highly advantageous
- Experienced at leading end-to-end product development from rapid prototyping to volume manufacture.
- Knowledge and experience of managing ISO certification.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and careful documentation of incremental product development.
- Interest in advancing scientific processes and working creatively to achieve new system methodology.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work as a team across disciplines.
- Ability to persevere and have the entrepreneurial drive to learn in a dynamic environment
- Adaptable to changing business needs
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Equity/share option scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Please send a CV, cover letter and details of two referees
Reference ID: Product Developer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
No agencies, please.