We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our growing charities team at Farewill.
Our charity partnerships have been integral to our success. We have over 60 charity partners and work with the likes of Macmillan Cancer Support, Cancer Research UK, The Royal British Legion and British Heart Foundation.
By leveraging technology we’ve been able to raise over £120m in pledged gifts for charity since 2016 and we’re on track to raise our next £100m!
This role is an exciting opportunity to help charities across the UK invest in their legacy fundraising strategy and grow income from gifts in wills.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Identify and qualify new potential charity partners
- Work alongside our Business Development Managers to help grow new business opportunities
- Book initial introductory meetings
- Help develop and scale our proposition for charities
- Attend industry events and become a legacy fundraising expert!
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 1-2 years in a partner/customer facing role
- Confident phone manner
- Brilliant communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with technology (we use a whole range!)
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Effective organisational skills
Some extra skills that would be great: [Optional]
- Experience working with charities
- Experience in legacy fundraising
- Experience selling a product with a demo
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?
Please note - we will be reviewing applications for this position in January 2020