Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Amazon and Barclays. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Trustpilot Reviews.
Our platform is home to over 15,000 businesses providing over 200 different event services across the UK and we’re now the No 1 marketplace in this space. We’ve achieved this growth with a tight-knit team of passionate and highly talented individuals and are now looking to scale the organisation to continue to improve our service and delight more customers.
To deliver on this growth we need to attract and retain the very best people and build a world class people function. And that’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced People Operations professional to take ownership of our people function and work directly with the founders to ensure Add to Event remains an incredible place to work as we rapidly scale.
The role would suit someone looking for a compelling new opportunity to take full ownership of people operations in an exciting fast growth startup.
As the Head of People, you will report directly into and work very closely with the founders and leadership team. We’ll expect you to have the drive to build a scalable people function and have a clear idea of the kind of tools, practices and policies you’d like to introduce.
As part of this role you'll:
- Work within the leadership team to develop our people strategy and support a high-performance culture.
- Be responsible for the whole employee lifecycle, from candidate experience to an incredible onboarding process to the celebration of milestones.
- Take ownership and develop key people frameworks: performance management, career progression, learning & development and compensation.
- Be a trusted advisor on people-related issues to team members across the company.
- Take ownership of recruitment for key roles and help to hire and manage a future talent acquisition specialist as we scale.
- Work with the team to further define company values and the best methods to communicate these.
- Take ownership of our careers site and consider ways we can further develop this as an incredible resource for prospective candidates.
- Manage and develop the team handbook, HR policies and management guidelines.
- Define and build your own people team as we further scale the business.
THE RIGHT PERSON
You should apply for the role if you:
- Are excited by what we’re doing here at Add to Event!
- Have experience with building strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Have knowledge/experience of the people challenges that come with a rapidly scaling tech company.
- Are well organised, never miss the details and enjoy project work.
- Are approachable, empathetic and thrive as part of a team.
- Have demonstrable leadership and people management skills.
- Have strong commercial acumen and a grasp of the nuances of each discipline within a tech startup (technology, marketing, operations).
- Pride yourself on excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Tuesday (team buffet) and Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices