London Based, DSP & Sensor Engineer with Early Stage, Impact Driven, Contech Startup.
Are you passionate about hardware? do you love the planet & want to work in a roll that is helping drastically reduce global CO2 whilst diverting millions of tons of waste from landfill? Do you want to change how an entire industry fundamentally operates for the better? If the answer is yes to any of this then this could be the job for you.
Concrete is the second most used material on the planet, behind water & contributes to about 10% of global CO2. Shockingly much of this material is wasted impacting on carbon footprint, waste to landfill and a huge financial loss to industry.
Cloud Cycle has developed an on-truck IoT device and sensor array which feeds our ML cloud platform and uses AI to provide automated and suggested interventions to ensure concrete meets specification & prevents waste. Should surplus still occur our marketplace for the local on-sale of surplus concrete will find a buyer.
We have received early stage funding from a leading global startup generator & have been awarded a large UK government grant. We have also been named by CEMEX Ventures, Boston Consulting & Tracxn as one of the best Contech startups of 2019. We will be rapidly scaling & growing the team in 2020.
We aim to save industry Billions whilst reducing global CO2 by 1%
We are looking for a hardware DSP rockstar, as one of our first hires you will lead from the front in the development of our CloudBox which will be central to our technology stack.
Exceptional potential for rapid career growth with a rapidly scaling global company.
This is a senior role as part of the core team, you will be leading, strategy, development and will be tasked with building a team that reports directly to you as we grow. Rapid growth is planned globally, some national and international sould be expected as required as well as flexibility in working. Installs may occur on evenings and weekends and as such technical support may be required. The role will be responsible for delivery of the sensor development & integration & will report directly to the CTO.
- Demonstrable expertise in Digital Signal Processing
- Novel Measurement Systems / Sensor experience
- Sensor Fusion experience (incl. probabilistic estimators for multiple sensors input system)
- C/C++ for embedded systems experience
- MATLAB / Python DSP related tool packages experience
- Hands on Experience with Rapid Prototyping for Proof of Concept (Electronics HW)
Nice to Have:
- Liquid characterization and measurement of fluid properties (non-newtonian) experience
- Electronics HW design (measurement systems / sensors - signal acquisition and conditioning) incl. component selection and schematics design
- Machine Learning experience, or
- Delivered at least one industrial DSP-based product from prototyping to manufacturing
- BEng Electronics Engineering, DSP, Physics or Similar
- Masters/PhD a bonus
- Competitive salary package
- Amazing office in the city of London, with free barista coffee, beer, ping pong & foosball
If interested please forward your CV & Cover Letter.