Thanks for taking the time to read this.
We're looking for a design-led product manager based in or near London to interpret our user’s needs into a simple and cohesive feature set.
The product is a collaborative project management platform for architects, interior designers and builders. The average project value is between £100k - £500k. We are creating a fixed process for small building works which significantly increases efficiency but involves changing the habits of a user group who currently use Microsoft Excel. Our bespoke software increases utility but must counter apathy and flexibility.
Therefore a collaborative approach with the users is required to build trust and ensure the correct route is taken. This requires a personable product manager who will represent the interests of our user base while keeping in mind the product vision of a single simple and transparent process.
We have been using our product internally and so are confident we have the required level of functionality. We now need to work on its usability so that those unfamiliar with the software find it easy to adopt.
We have a user group of 80 architects, interior designers, property developers and builders. Our first task will be to ensure they are using our current feature set happily and repeatedly. This is likely to require a focus on the existing UX and UI. We will then have a backlog of over 100 features which we will need to prioritise, spec, design and build over the coming years.
- Friendly personable nature and ability to work directly with users
- 5+ years of product development experience
- Front-end development and/or design experience
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Holding customer interviews and collating product feedback
- Interpreting users needs into product specifications and design
- Balancing development, financial and sales interests in roadmap prioritisation
Measures of success
Looking forward to hearing from you.
All the best,