Nimbla provides a first of a kind invoice protection solution so that Britain’s SMEs continue to trade with confidence. We are building the future of small business protection, and are on high growth trajectory having just closed our first super seed round. A Barclays Techstars Alumni we have the backing from QBE, one of the world’s leading insurers.
The Data Analyst will be someone who wants the freedom to build something different and help us keep the thriving small business enterprise alive. This is the opportunity to help shape the direction of one of the most promising FinTech startups in the UK. We will count on you to make a significant contribution to our success and will support yours in the process.
You are a highly inquisitive Data Analyst who excels in an open environment where you will have the flexibility to work in a way that suits you best. With a passion for high-quality scalable solutions, you will be experienced in various reporting, data warehousing, data science, quantitative analysis and perhaps some machine learning techniques.
- Be able to clean and manipulate data
- Fulfill daily ad-hoc requests
- Be able to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Love to solve complex technical problems while learning new technologies in the process
- Curious and ask questions to deepen understanding and create the best solutions
- Seek continual self-improvement
- Be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating across teams
- Be able to multitask in a dynamic, early-stage environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Python or R
- Have had some experience with SQL (preferably Postgres) and/or cloud computing platforms (preferably GCP)
- Have some experience with any of the following: data collection and cleansing, exploratory analysis, clustering, financial modeling, simulation
- Used some form of visualisation software for easy communication
- Contributed to business reporting allowing for real-time analysis
Bonus Points For
- Knowledge of Fin-Tech or Insur-Tech
- Experience of working within a regulated industry
What You’d Expect
- A competitive salary
- Share Option Scheme
- £1000 training budget per year, to spend as you wish
- Holidays: we offer 28 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Full auto-enrolment workplace pension for all employees with 3% employer contribution.
- Comfortable and trendy Whitechapel workspace
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech purchase scheme
- Perks and discounts (cinema, holidays, days out)
- Autonomy and empowerment: What matters is that the job gets done and that we help each other in accomplishing our vision and goals. Once the goals are set, how you achieve results is up to you, with the support of the team, of course.
- Radical Candour: We all want to grow, and we help each other do so by maintaining candid, open conversations, especially when it's hard. Be kind, and be opened and honest
- Dynamic working hours: We trust you to establish an effective working pattern that allows you to excel in your role, working with your teammates to ensure coverage. This includes working from home, of course.
- Dogs in the office