Are you looking for your first opportunity to join one of the UK's most renowned start-ups as a Junior Data Scientist, where you will be working to build algorithms for huge data sets?
You will be working in a collaborative and friendly environment as part of a committed team of data scientists to provide measurable benefits to the company through the use of state-of-the-art methods and technologies.
THE ROLE: You will be joining a team of highly skilled and passionate data scientists and analysts to help deliver complex and diverse projects which will provide real commercial benefit to the company.
The role will involve you working on Machine Learning projects across the entirety of areas in the business; your key focus will be building end to end, fully automated decisioning systems. In specific, you can expect to be involved in the following:
- The delivery of complex and diverse projects with a commercial focus through the use of your expert knowledge in machine learning and statistical techniques.
- Working on projects across a wide range of areas, domains, projects and then be able to report your findings back to non-technical stakeholders.
- Deliver end to end data science solutions through the use of Python, R and SQL that will help the business stay competitive.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: The successful Junior Data Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience/ strong knowledge of developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms using Python or R.
- Be an expert in mining large & very complex data sets.
- Have experience using SQL and NoSQL databases and Apache Spark.
- Proficient programming in Python, Java, R, Spark, SQL etc.
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in a numerate discipline.