At Wayhome we are reinventing homeownership by co-investing with people who haven't been able to buy a home yet. We’re a small team of Engineers, Property Specialists, Data Scientists and Creatives, who are addressing one of the biggest and most life-changing problems our customers have: namely, how can they get the security and freedom of homeownership for their families and for themselves.
Our Tech team are based here in London, and rather reluctantly positioned by the snacks. The team values empathy, taking a pragmatic approach to our code and work and take delight in helping each other out. On occasion we have Alfie the little Corgi helping out, although his barking outweighs his coding. We enjoy a good board game and spending weeks ploughing through a seemingly endless D&D campaign.
We currently operate using a mixture of Kanban and Scrum techniques, starting the day with a quick team standup (swiftly followed by a trip to the barista). The day is then progressed with some serious, headphones-on-programming by some, and pair programming sessions by others. Workshops, design sprints and other activities requiring cross-team collaboration are interspersed throughout the week, but we try our best to ensure these are limited only to relevant parties.
Finally, in living our pragmatic value, we understand that there isn’t a one size fits all solution to the way we work; what works today will not necessarily work tomorrow, especially as we expand the tech team. We are therefore always adapting and improving our work methodology using insight and feedback in our fortnightly retrospectives, which is driven by the team.
Who you are
- You’ll have a good sense of design, understanding the intricacies of superior UX.
- You’ll enjoy interacting with stakeholders, with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- As a senior developer, you’ll be a keen and skilled mentor and coach.
- You’ll have a sound understanding of agile development practices.
The technical skills you’ll have
It would be great but by no means necessary if you have experience with Typescript, both SSR apps and SPAs, modelling data and designing API responses.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be building new features for our customer facing websites and internal tools. You’ll take ownership of one of our main projects while maintaining and improving on our existing ones.
- You will contribute to technical decisions on frontend tooling and architecture. You’ll be an active participant in our retros, workshops, design sprints and discussions.
- You’ll work with the product team in reviewing upcoming features and contribute to both user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You’ll share technical knowledge through code reviews and pair programming, representing the FE team when the Lead is not around.
What we offer you
- Salary of £60,000 - £70,000 per annum.
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Standing desks and wellness rooms.
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also Free.
- Training budget to help you grow.
- Free team lunch on Fridays.
- Unlimited holidays. A minimum of 28 days.
Apply today and start your next adventure with Wayhome!
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, we are currently unable to offer sponsorship.