Join an award-winning, fast growing start up that's transforming the citizen experience of urban planning
We're looking for a talented Product Manager/Owner with sharp technical and people skills to join our growing team.
The Future Fox is a tech start-up with a mission to accelerate the creation of smart, sustainable and people-focused cities. We help planners collaborate with communities on ambitious urban schemes, through our transformative digital platform.
Winner - Connected Places Catapult CityX 2019, Future of Housing
Grant winner - Social Tech Trust, 2019: One of the nine “most innovative tech ventures transforming today’s major social challenges”, and Innovate UK Design Foundations & Analysis for Innovators
Finalist - Digital Agenda Impact Awards, Cities 2018
Winner - Do-It Award from UnLtd, the UK network for social entrepreneurs in 2017
What You’ll Do
This is a hands on role where you will be responsible for every aspect of the development of our product, from steering product strategy to prototyping and user testing. You will be motivated by our mission to empower communities and build better places, faster, with exceptional, citizen-centred technology.
You’ll work with our diverse, dynamic team to help us, build, grow and deliver maximum social impact.
You main duties will be:
- Understand user needs, pain points, and goals
- Prototyping and user testing
- Work with the team across different functions (business, engineering, design, sales, marketing) to coordinate and support the improvement of our platform
- Provide specific advice on UX and UI design based on user and customer journeys
- Advise our CEO on product strategy/vision and roadmapping
- Communicate with the market at large including B2B and B2C
- upport the growth of the company as required through various duties e.g. data analysis, business development, client engagement, user outreach, funder relations etc
You will be motivated by our mission and able to work independently, learn fast and be part of a thriving start-up.
- Motivated professional with ability to work with an international team based in different locations
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Product Manager / Owner working in an agile framework .
- Prototyping experience and use of tools and techniques like sketching, wireframing, user flows, site maps, user stories, design patterns
- Experience in user research, customer journey maps, storyboarding
- Knowledge of UX and UI design and visual design concepts
- Attention to detail and passion for quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coordinating and developing social media content
- Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Experience working with the public sector and/or urban planning sector
- Experience in community engagement or public communications would be a plus
- Flexible working hours (with core working hours: 9:00 to 16:00 GMT)
- Company share options
- Regular, exciting team building events
- Quick career progression opportunities within the company
- Personal growth opportunities in tech, business and social impact
Seniority Level: Mid-level reporting to our CEO
Location: London with occasional travel within the UK and to European cities
Employment Type: Full-time, 1 year contract with possibility of extension to a permanent position
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is embedded into our company values so we encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds.