tiney is on a mission to reinvent childcare and unlock the potential of every child. Join us as Product Manager!
tiney is a brand new childcare choice for parents. At tiney we accelerate children’s development through play and learning. We help families access high quality childcare designed using evidence from around the world. And we’re building a vibrant community, run by tiney home leaders who can impact their local neighbourhoods and beyond.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced, data-driven, impact-focused Product Manager to help us scale our work at tiney. You’ll be working within our talented product team on goals, strategy and delivery that lead to an amazing childcare experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Working within our product team you’ll work closely with our Chief Product Officer and Chief Technical officer to help validate, iterate and execute against our Product Roadmap
- Identifying user needs or pain-points you’ll help us work on solutions and end up being the owner for certain features or journeys
- Helping take features from hypothesis, to prototype and beyond as part of a collaborative flat team of designers and engineers
- Helping us align to our business goals by aiding product delivery, unblocking dependencies across the business, engaging with stakeholders and effectively communicating new features to our customers
- Following a lean MVP experimental approach and in particular, being the driving force for a data driven approach to our product
- Owning app analytics, designing tests and tracking/monitoring feature performance and functionality with a lens of continuous improvement.
And it’s not just the day job
We think it’s important to give people a sense of our lives here at tiney, and how this job here, might not be the same as anywhere else. There is no such thing as a ‘typical week’, here are some of the things you might find yourself involved in…
- Meeting some of our amazing tiney home leaders during their training
- Getting top up experience yourself with mandatory training on child-minding and safeguarding
- Helping inform our wider product roadmap or customer experience strategy as part of our cross-functional squads
- Working with some of the best (and friendliest) tech and early years talent you’ll find at a startup in London!
- Attending our regular team get togethers to socialise with the wider team and ensure everyone has input and alignment to the trajectory of tiney
- Learning from other portfolio teams and attending events we can access through our wider investor network
What we’re looking for in you
We want people to care about our mission to reinvent childcare and unlock the potential of every child, as much as we do. At tiney, nothing matters more than trust and we only hire people who can earn trust by adopting a mindset where we put children first, in our teams, through our products and in our tiney homes.
We’re looking for people who can live our values. If you believe in these things like we do then you might be what we’re looking for to join the tiney mission.
- Rest is rocket fuel: you can recognise when to slow down and reflect or rest, so you can ultimately go quicker and better
- Play is a superpower: you have the ability to fuel your work with the energy, imagination and enthusiasm that children find when they play
- Curious minds see more: you can adopt a posture that’s open, inclusive and ready to learn
- Asking for help shows wisdom, not weakness: you can show an awareness of your own limitations and will ask others for help when you need it
- You grow stronger after a fall: you can give yourself, and others, the permission to get things wrong and can place emphasis not on the fall, but how we get back up.
We want people with the skills and experience to do the job:
- Experience working in an early-stage start-up or scale-up in a Product Team
- Hands-on experience working directly with customers
- Strong organisational skills to manage and report on multiple product tests and requirements simultaneously
- A data-driven mindset and a structured process for rapid experimentation and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong commercial sensitivity
- A passion for measurement / reporting / analytics
- A strong comprehension of modern product development processes/ways of working and associated software
And what do you get?
We’re very proud of our culture here at tiney, and although not many startups take this view, we believe that investing in our people is one of the most important things we can do to build a business that lasts. So here’s what we offer:
- A basic salary that is competitive in the market
- A chance to own part of the company with equity options
- A flexible working culture that allows you to choose where you work from, with a daily allowance if you work from home
- Flexibility to work in the way that best suits your life and personal commitments. The team all work between 10am and 4pm on their working days but are free to do the rest of their contracted hours when they choose.
- A contributory pension (3% by us, 5% by you)
- Regular social activities
- Long term sickness and life cover
Should I apply?
If you’re on board with the tiney mission, share our values and feel you have the skills, experience and potential we’re looking for then yes, you should. Please send your CV to us with 'product manager' in the subject line and a short note that tells us why you care about what we do. It'll also help us if you can share your salary expectations.
A child who wants to learn doesn’t care about gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or any of the other things that sometimes divide, and neither do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger and gives us all a better chance of unlocking the potential of every child.