Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking a fantastic Infrastructure Engineer to join our world class team helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs
The Infrastructure team at Adzuna plays a key role in supporting the business. We are both software developers and system administrators. We handle cloud resources, support our product and engineering team, and keep an eye on security, reliability, performance and costs. At the end of the day we operate and grow our platforms serving an audience of millions of jobseekers and employers from around the globe.
We like to motivate people with autonomy, mastery, and purpose, and we offer an environment where you can make a huge difference. We are open to someone either working from our great West London location where you can take advantage of our jam-packed social calendar or working remotely.
Specific responsibilities include
- Plan, design, implement and review the infrastructure, software and tools that power the Adzuna job finding experience
- Monitor, maintain, test and debug our infrastructure
- Respond to the needs of Adzuna clients and fellow developers
- Safeguard secure development, production environments and practices
- Implement and mentor others on industry best practice
- Document components and operations
- Meeting our SLAs including out of hours emergency support
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to demonstrate much of the below:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A track record of building and maintaining large infrastructure projects
- Experience with Linux (Debian/Ubuntu preferred).
- Proficiency in one or more configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc
- Proficiency in one or more of Perl (preferred), Ruby, Python, C, or Go
- A tenacious ability to debug and fix performance and reliability problems
- Comfortable working with a distributed and remote team
Desirable skills and experience
- Designing and maintaining infrastructure in AWS
- Using Terraform, Packer, Chef, Jenkins
- Using Nginx, Apache, Varnish, Memcached, message queue systems
- Identifying and fixing MySQL read/write bottlenecks
- Identifying and fixing Solr bottlenecks
- Market competitive base salary
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Babylon Health
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace and bar in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway
- The chance to work with and learn from a highly motivated team of experienced internet professionals who want to make job search better
- Startup benefits like a positive attitude towards flexible working, families, cycle-to-work scheme, regular team training sessions - plus a table tennis table and a programme of team social events
Adzuna is a search engine for job ads used by over 11 million visitors per month that aims to list every job, everywhere. We search thousands of websites so our users don't have to, bringing together millions of ads in one place. By providing smarter search options and powerful data about the job market, we give jobseekers the information they need to take control of their careers.
Adzuna.co.uk was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla and is backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run ‘Find a job’, one of the British government’s most used online services.
Adzuna’s mission is to be the best place to start looking for a job. We love using the awesome power of technology to help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.