Who are we?
Enlitened is the newly created, fast-growth business within The Student Room Group. Founded in 2001, The Student Room Group is also responsible for The Student Room (TSR), which is the UK’s largest, most useful and best-loved online student community. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs.
Established in 2018, Enlitened delivers continuous improvement to both universities and university students by helping them to better understand one another. Our vision is to ensure that all students are supported, have a voice at university, and receive the best possible experience.
Enlitened is a transformative and innovative new product; an app for students and an insights and communications platform for universities. Enlitened helps students and academic institutions take a radical new approach to improving student engagement and wellbeing. A subject we are extremely passionate about.
You will be joining a fast-growing team, working in an ambitious, start-up environment. We are an experienced team of people who all care deeply about the problem we’re trying to solve. We believe work should be exciting, challenging and meaningful in equal measure. As a part of our team, you will have the opportunity to shape our mission and culture as we grow. We’re looking for exceptional people who want to make students’ lives better.
What does the Product Owner at Enlitened do?
You will work closely with our Product Manager, and development team to make sure that priorities are well and closely managed to get the very best out of the team.
Our development team is currently 7 Developers, as well as QA, Data Analyst and an experienced UX/UI Designer.
What does success in 6 months look like?
- You will have fully understood the services and apps we have live as well as the feature backlog.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of our product vision and will be excited about contributing to a meaningful mission. You will define and advocate the product direction with input from key stakeholders.
- You’ll have developed a deep understanding of our users by attending user testing sessions (we have a usability lab in the office) as well as by frequently liaising with our Growth Manager, UX/UI Designer and Product Manager. You’ll use this understanding to develop and test product hypothesis.
- You will be keeping the team to their development goals by frequently breaking down the product roadmap to make sure that on a daily basis everyone is doing the most impactful bit of work they’re able to.
- You’ll be working daily on our development management software (we are using Clubhouse.io) to make sure that everyone is well organized. You’ll create Epics and User Stories for engineering teams, with acceptance criteria and wireframes and user flows as appropriate
- You will have developed a good understanding of development team members’ capabilities by frequently checking in with our Product Manager, Tech Lead, and SCRUM Master.
- You will work with QA to drive high quality, incremental continuous delivery
Key role responsibilities:
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
You will also need the following experience or outlook:
- You will have a relevant amount of experience in a business analyst or product management role.
- You’ll have an analytical approach to prioritizing activity and will be a very strong project manager.
- You must be an excellent communicator and effective at understanding peoples’ capabilities.
- You will have an openness and a willingness to challenge new ideas and ways of thinking.
- An understanding of UX and best practices.
- Experience with product management related tools (e.g. Jira, Clubhouse, Sketch) is a plus.
Working at Enlitened
We care about employee development, happiness, wellness and work life balance. We offer a welcoming, friendly and supportive working environment, plus we enjoy lots of great benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous approach to holidays + your birthday day off
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work Scheme