Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, launching our first retail concession in its new flagship Southampton store.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! So far, we’ve been able to raise significant funding from Tier 1 investors and continue to grow the business at 20% month-on-month. This makes us one of the fastest-growing food tech startups in the UK!
We are now looking to grow our finance team to help support the business through their next chapter. This role would suit a candidate 1-2years of accounting experience with an appetite to obtain an accounting qualification.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable in accounting with 1-2 years finance experience.
- A team player with excellent communication and good interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Good analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Organised with strong prioritisation skills
- Solid excel knowledge.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of cloud-based accounting system is a plus (Xero)
- Proactive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- ... A pasta lover!
What you'll do:
- Join our Pasta Evangelists Accounting Team and work closely with the management accountant to ensure financial transactions are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Full responsibility of purchase ledger and staff expenses including processing invoices/expenses, supplier statement reconciliations, bi-monthly payment runs.
- Processing stock invoices and checking against GRN reports.
- Xero purchase ledger supplier checks – payment terms/bank details/email addresses etc.
- Corporate credit card reconciliations
- Raise invoices to key customers, reconcile accounts and solid credit control to optimise cash inflows.
- Support management accountant and FD with adhoc projects to optimise the finance function.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity for you to join a young and dynamic team, reporting directly to our FD.
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV.
- Include a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role - please note: generic covering letters will not be considered