Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, launching our first retail concession in its new flagship Southampton store.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! So far, we’ve been able to raise significant funding from Tier 1 investors and continue to grow the business at 20% month-on-month. This makes us one of the fastest-growing food tech startups in the UK!
We are now looking to grow our finance team to help support the business through their next chapter. This role would suit a candidate with 3-5years of accounting experience and looking for their next “hands-on” challenge in their development.
Who you are:
- A part qualified/qualified accountant with 3-5 years of accounts experience.
- Have a “hands on” attitude for a varied role and able to get into the detail as well as taking a step back.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with speed, accuracy and an attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Have strong Excel and communication skills.
- Proactive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of cloud-based accounting system is a plus (Xero)
- ... A pasta lover!
What you'll do:
- Join our Pasta Evangelists finance team as our management accountant.
- Manage a timely month end process to produce quality financial information for the company.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts pack and workings including key balance sheet account reconciliations and revenue reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assist with weekly reporting and cashflow forecasting.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and other statutory returns.
- Help support and develop the Finance Assistance along with reviewing accuracy of entries.
- Identify value add processes and efficiencies in finance function.
- Support Finance Director with adhoc projects and overall development and improvement of the finance function.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to help take the finance function to the next level and enable the business to setup a good financial infrastructure to support the rapid business growth.
- Join a young and dynamic team, reporting directly to our FD.
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role - please note: generic covering letters will not be considered