Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists is also the only pasta brand in Harrods. We’ve also kicked off our partnership with M&S, launching our first retail concession in its new flagship Southampton store.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! So far, we’ve been able to raise significant funding from Tier 1 investors and continue to grow the business at 20% month-on-month. This makes us one of the fastest-growing food tech start ups in the UK!
Who you are:
- Proven experience in HR manager role.
- Working knowledge of current employment law.
- A logical thinker and problem solver with the utmost attention to accuracy and detail.
- Organised with strong prioritisation skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude able to get stuck in to make it happen if necessary.
- CIPD qualified.
- ... A pasta lover!
What you’ll do:
- As People Manager, you will be the first ‘HR’ hire at Pasta Evangelists and lead on all people-related topics and processes. It’s an amazing opportunity to build up a department from scratch as part of a rapidly growing food startup
- Reviewing all current HR processes and implement a programme to streamline for efficiency and effectiveness (eg payroll outsourcing).
- Implementation of HR tools/software/resources (to manage holiday time, recruitment efforts, etc.) appropriate for the stage we have reached as a business
- Process monthly and fortnightly timecards and payrolls for review by FD.
- Working with hiring managers, plan & drive recruitment at Pasta Evangelists, from drafting compelling job descriptions to screening and interviewing candidates.
- Devise and execute an exceptional onboarding process for new hires.
- Create, live and breathe a company culture and values plan for Pasta Evangelists
- Proactive HR support to managers on all employee relations issues and activities, HR guidance, policy interpretation.
- Organise and spearhead learning & development opportunities for all employees, e.g. appraisals, OKR reviews, feedback sessions, conferences, training programmes, etc.
- Take ownership of the Pasta Evangelists social calendar, organising socials, away days and trips to Italy
- Organise the office and ensure the environment we work in is comfortable and relaxed, conducive to wellbeing and productivity
What we can offer:
- Part time role with potential to increase to full time as the business grows.
- The opportunity for you to take ownership of our Pasta Evangelists people strategy, driving an inspiring workplace & culture, L&D initiatives and more.
- Join a young and dynamic team, reporting in to our FD.
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Pro-rated 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary
To apply, please:
- Send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the Pasta Evangelists team & why you are right for this role - please note: generic covering letters will not be considered