Cyber Security Startup, Enterprise Tech – SaaS Platform Permanent, Remote
Role/Title: Data Engineer
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Compensation: Competitive Salary (TBC) + Share Options Package
Location: UK/EU (Remote)
Start Date: Immediate
OutThink is the future of cognitive cyber security learning and human risk intelligence. We're a London based, venture-backed start-up, ready to build a brand-new innovative cloud-native solution.
We’re a team of cyber security experts, psychologists, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough technology and machine learning to identify, understand, measure and manage human risk in enterprise environments.
London is our company HQ and home to not only commercial teams, but also our incredible product leadership team. Our HQ serves as both a commercial gateway to our customers across EMEA from where we build our base to expand across the globe. Our Product & Data team is remote-first, in the UK, Spain and Romania.
Having found early traction for our category-defining human risk intelligence SaaS platform (MVP), we are now looking for an exceptional Data Engineer to help build an innovative, new data / SaaS cyber security solution to be used by large multi-national corporations across the globe, with a potential user population growing well into the millions. We are seeking a talented and highly experienced development manager to help ensure this becomes a reality.
This is a greenfield opportunity targeting some of the most advanced data and cloud-based technologies and frameworks currently available.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Data Engineer to join us at a critical time when we will be analysing subjective and objective user data, determining how to make human layer in cyber security more secure. You will own data development and ETL processes for data warehouse and integrate data from LMS’s with additional data sources (such as email and web filters, anti-virus software, etc.) using API’s and other connectors to enhance sophistication of analytical capability to deliver pioneering work in the space of human risk intelligence.
As our first Data Engineer you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of data and analytics infrastructure that enables our data scientist and analyst to create algorithms that predict human risk. You will be responsible for the development, construction, maintenance and testing of data architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems.
As part of this, you will be responsible for the creation of data set processes used in modelling, mining, acquisition, and verification, to ensure that the data supplied to the data scientist is accurate and consistent and delivered in the most efficient way possible.
You will be reporting to the Chief Product and Data Officer and working very closely with the rest of the senior executive team to deliver against the product roadmap. You will work closely with internal QA team, ensuring appropriate QA and reconciliation processes are inbuilt to maximise data integrity and accuracy. You will also be required to continually seek to deliver cost effective automation wherever possible in processes.
What You’ll Need
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Data Engineer or have performed elements of this role working as a database engineering support personnel or a database engineering administrator within a fast-paced a complex business setting.
- Graduate of a top tier university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field
- Experience working with MySQL or Microsoft SQL databases as well as NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Extensive ETL integration experience
- Wider experience of programming languages (e.g. R, Python), and software development and advantage.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka would be desirable
- Experience of working with large and complex data sets as well as experience processing large volumes of data using Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop)
- Experience in the creation and debugging of databases critical to the business’s mission, with strong working and conceptual knowledge of building and maintaining physical and logical data models and experience with business intelligence tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- System management expertise with monitoring, disaster recovery, backup, automated testing, automated schema migration, and continuous deployment.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Excellent communications skills and be able to communicate Data Scientist requirements to dev ops teams.
- Azure data factory, data warehouse and SQL database
- Azure VM and Blob storage
- . Net / C# processing files
In Return You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary (TBC)
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Flexible remote working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days of holiday + national holidays
- A greenfield opportunity to build a world-first data product in cybersecurity
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge data and cloud-based technologies available, and closely working with top experts in the industry
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team