Cyber Security Startup, Enterprise Tech – SaaS Platform Permanent, Remote
Role/Title: Data Scientist
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Compensation: Competitive Salary (TBC) + Share Options Package
Location: UK/EU (Remote)
Start Date: Immediate
OutThink is the future of cognitive cybersecurity learning and human risk intelligence. We're a London based, venture-backed start-up, ready to build a brand-new innovative cloud solution.
We’re a team of cybersecurity experts, psychologists, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough technology and machine learning to identify, understand, measure and manage human risk in enterprise environments.
London is our company HQ and home to not only commercial teams, but also our incredible product leadership team. Our HQ serves as both a commercial gateway to our customers across EMEA from where we build our base to expand across the globe. Our Product & Data team is remote-first, in the UK, Spain and Romania.
Having found early traction for our category-defining human risk intelligence SaaS platform (MVP), we are now looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to help build an innovative, new data / SaaS cybersecurity solution to be used by large multi-national corporations across the globe, with a potential user population growing well into the millions. We are seeking a talented Data Scientist to help ensure this becomes a reality.
This is a greenfield opportunity targeting some of the most advanced data and cloud-based technologies and frameworks currently available.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join us at a critical time when we will be analysing subjective and objective user data, determining how to make the human layer in cybersecurity more secure. By connecting subjective data from training material to behavioural data from security systems, such as email and web filters, antivirus systems, etc., you will be conducting pioneering work in the space of human risk intelligence.
You will be required to extract data from different internal and external systems, process, transform and analyse them using the latest predictive analytics, to develop Machine Learning algorithms which will power the OutThink offering. You will enhance and iterate your models so that they improve in their accuracy over time with more data but are also customised for different sectors.
You will work closely with the data engineer to provide requirements so that you can access the relevant data sets to build the models. You will be reporting to the Chief Product and Data Officer and working very closely with the rest of the senior executive team to deliver against the product roadmap.
You will also work with the data analyst, experts in cyber security and with leading technical experts to revolutionise this area, by turning conventional approaches on their head and focusing on identifying what makes humans the weakest link the cyber security world.
What You’ll Need
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- Graduate of a top tier university with a Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or any other relevant degree that involved quantitative analysis using statistical software
- Able to build models with different regression techniques, including multivariate, polynomial, ridge, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tests, such as non-linear regression, Factor Analysis, Principal Component Analysis, Structural Equation Modelling, etc.
- Knowledge of Decision Trees such as CHAID, Ctrees, CART, Neural Networks, etc.
- A good working knowledge and able to build machine learning algorithms, including random forest, feature extraction, image recognition and text analysis
- Experience of running machine learning libraries in R and Python, some exposure to Azure ML libraries would also be desirable
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database
- Knowledge and experience of using a reporting tool, preferably PowerBI
- Some knowledge of a programming language, such as Python, Javas, C#, etc.
- Good command of English both spoken and written
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of using infographics to make data easy to understand
- Knowledge of how to create data products and technologies
- Project management skills
In Return You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary (TBC)
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Flexible remote working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days of holiday + national holidays
- A greenfield opportunity to build a world-first data product in cybersecurity
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge data and cloud-based technologies available; working closely with top experts in the industry
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team