We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Product Design Intern to join our growing team. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in product design, then we want to hear from you. Housemates is growing fast and is somewhere you can gain immediate responsibility and be able to make a real difference.
WHO WE ARE:
Housemates is a regulated end-to-end platform that was created when we saw the pain and uncertainty students have to go through to find accommodation. The platform allows students to book accommodation with verified landlords, sign a tenancy agreement and transfer deposits in a quick and safe transaction. For property owners, the platform allows them to list and manage properties, communicate directly with students and offers a safe and regulated environment to attract and retain student tenants.
We are based in Pollard Yard, just 10 minutes on the tram from Manchester Piccadilly - with well known neighbouring companies such as BoohooMan and PrettyLittleThing.
The past few months have been eventful here are some of our key milestones:
● Featured in The Times, Property Investor Today and TechNation
● Won the regional finals of the UK's premier startup competition called The F Factor for the North West & North East
● Accepted and participated in Ignite Accelerator Sep-Dec 2019
● Received investment from Northstar, VC
Your responsibilities will include a range of Graphic Design tasks detailed below. However, we’d love it if there were other aspects of the business you would also like to get involved in!
• Researching and evolving the design and UI/UX of Housemates's website and mobile
• Improve the look of Housemates on social media platforms
• Design and creation of email campaign & newsletters
• Creation of online content for digital platforms
• Creation of designs for merchandise and other offline marketing tools
• You'll work closely with the Marketing team
• Understanding of website and mobile (UI/UX)
• Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Knowledge of layouts, typography, colour palettes, and other graphic design
• Strong creative and analytical skills
• Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
• Be a great team player, willing to help where needed
Please include a link to your portfolio when applying so we can see what amazing work you’re capable of!
CEO @ Housemates