Who we are
We are a digital service design and development agency with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009. We like to do work that has a positive impact on society, and many of our projects have a social-good aspect to them.
Relationships, innovation, and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on human-centred design helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. Our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
Flexible and remote working
From the very beginning, we established effective remote-working practices. It provides a better work-life balance and gives our people more autonomy. It opens up opportunities for people who otherwise would not be able to work with us and helps us do our bit in preserving the environment. As long as you can make it to our London office or client meetings when required (for this role, we anticipate it to be 2-3 days a week), you can choose to work from home for the rest of the time.
We are looking for someone who can lead our clients’ UX/Service Design projects independently and be the main client contact. You will be an experienced UX Lead and have at least senior-level experience in an agency environment; be passionate about UX best practices and inclusive design; be comfortable applying service design techniques.
You will be able to quickly build rapport and trust with clients and provide direction and design critique to fellow team members. You will be analytical as well as creative and enjoy working on a range of projects - from complex software systems to much simpler marketing sites.
You will be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and prefer a mix of strategic as well as hands-on work. For example, on a particular week, you may be overseeing a larger scale project - starting with service design and ending with a finished digital product - as well as creating a quick wireframe for one of our support clients or running a workshop for a new client.
To start with, you will be part of a UX team of three; however, we are looking to expand our UX/Service Design operations, so there is potential for this role to grow.
You will be reporting to the MD, who is also our Head of UX and Service Design and working alongside our Head of Delivery to:
- Oversee our client UX and service design projects.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops.
- Oversee and, if required, directly contribute with UR work.
- Create user journey maps, service blueprints, reports.
- Oversee and chip in with UX work, including sketching or wireframing.
- Present work to the clients and effectively handle objections.
- Work to tight deadlines and within the agreed budget.
- Estimate work, help with proposals and pitching.
- Identify opportunities for further engagement and upsell to the clients.
- Educate clients on Service/UX Design process and value.
- Improve internal UX Design frameworks and methodologies.
- Train and mentor other team members.