Who we are: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420+ cities around the world! We are growing swiftly, helping more artists in more cities. As we expand, we are looking for ambitious and innovative individuals (like you!) to join our team.
Haven’t been to one of our shows yet? No worries! Find one in your city here. Want to see more? Catch mind-blowing live performances on our YouTube channel.
About the role: We are looking for a dynamic, proven Engineering Manager to grow and scale the European engineering team, to further Sofar’s mission as the leading global live experiences platform. This leader will grow a currently small, scrappy engineering team of 5, to c. 15/20, expand Sofar’s growth and ticketing engine and building upon the largest community of concertgoers, artists, hosts and curators around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, build, lead and develop a world-class European engineering team, responsible for consumer engineering (fans/community), the backend engineering (artists and venues) will be run from Boston/NYC
- Maintain and promote a diverse, positive work environment that develops talent, promotes autonomy and ensures a cohesive, high-energy work environment
- Manage and maintain all internal and external systems, ensuring scalable technology architecture, high-velocity agile development and rock-solid uptime and reliability
- Lead collaboration across key stakeholders in collaboration with the product team to ensure the highest-impact roadmap and execution to meet the needs of the Sofar community
- Build and manage a cohesive engineering team with a single culture, close working relationships and excellence in communication across multiple locations
- Maintain a scrappy, pragmatic start up vibe and with attention to P&L and ROI
Who you are:
- Extensive engineering experience, with an e-commerce background and a track record of leadership success in high-growth start up environments
- Proven scaling experience to ensure high-reliability in a hyper-growth environment.
- Experience getting things done with teams of <10 and scaling teams to 20+, working closely with product management to build optimal team structures
- Highly analytical and capable of synthesizing data to inform product roadmap and optimize the user experience for key Sofar fans
- Ideally, experience developing high-growth eCommerce platforms and in-depth CRM experience
- Passionate about music and the Sofar mission
Working here: Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development, not to mention, unlimited live music! Our team is made up of music lovers across the globe who are committed to our mission of artist exposure and making live music more attainable for all!
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.