FRONTMATTER.earth is seeking a talented graphic design intern to join its team in London, and available to start immediately part-time.
The selected candidate will be working with the founding members on design, fashion and digital projects to support production of items for the brand by mean of drawing, digital artworks, creative imagery, and market research.
FRONTMATTER offers an independent, young and experimental working environment. As an intern you will be fully involved in the design process and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to all FM projects.
Candidates who are available immediately will have priority in the selection process.
- Strong graphic and design talent
- Strong skills and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suit
- Strong Design Thinking qualities
- Excellent Typographic skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English (any other language is a plus)
- No give-up mentality
- Passionate about Sustainability, the Planet and Ecology
- Possibly Vegan or Vegetarian
- Self-taught additional talents or skills are an asset
- A great eye for design, fashion and technology and knowledge of current design trends in the market
- Understanding of social media, animation and video
- Understanding of all image formats, sizes, and export settings needed for various platforms and social media platforms
- Desire and will to learn skills in content production, production workflows, going on shoots, holding a camera, etc
- Candidates must feel confident in an international and dynamic environment
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- participate and contribute to brainstorming/design sprints, conduct any relevant research for projects, add insight and value, and assist in achieving project goals
- assist in the generation of design concepts through to final design with the support from more senior members of the team. This includes developing presentations for both internal and external meetings and presentations
- work collaboratively with the 3D designer, ensuring the delivery of any product is fully co-ordinated with the graphics and meets the highest quality
- responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project showing complete attention to detail, with consideration for the end-user and how they ultimately engage with the brand’s creative output
- deliver work according to an agreed timescale and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
More on FM:
FRONTMATTER is a brand dedicated to today’s generation of planet-conscious individuals who believe in change and have passion for art, fashion, design and technology. We nurture talent, craftsmanship, and innovation while giving back to the planet and supporting Nature’s biodiversity. For every item sold we give 15% to support the best Reforestation projects, Conservation and Save-The-Ocean funds worldwide. Launching online in Q2, 2020.