At Thirsty Thoughts we blend technology and drinks to generate engagement for clients planning knockout events all over the world. Ever wanted a mind-controlled beer-pouring robot? We built one. Ever fancied pouring champagne without touching the bottle or glass? We made it happen. Now we are looking for someone to help drive our great ideas forward and build on the success we have enjoyed to date - last years clients included Adidas, Google and Twitter, activating experiences across Europe and most recently, the US.
After a successful first year, we’re looking to rapidly grow the business in 2020 and dominate the high end event entertainment market. For this to happen, we are in need of a fearless, entrepreneurial and tech-mad creative technologist to take charge of our robots, both current roster and future inventions. The successful applicant will be forever inquisitive, wanting to understand the latest in emerging technology and how it can be applied to the business. They will be instrumental in helping realise the potential of the business and enabling us to become the number one name in event entertainment.
- Day to day maintenance of our existing robot roster, checking robots are functioning properly, flagging any issues there may be and working out fixes.
- Working with our Logistics Director to ensure that our robots are easily deployable.
- Suggesting design improvements to the robots, both from an aesthetic, functionality and logistics perspective.
- Responding to client briefs alongside our Creative Director - researching concepts, creating initial designs and costing up the work.
- R&D for new robots - while our initial two robots are highly successful, we will be creating new inventions and you will be a huge part of their inception, from initial design to final build.
- Writing blog posts, whitepapers and research documents around what we do. We want to be thought leaders in how new tech can be utilised in engaging ways, and you’ll be the world expert.
- Keeping up to date with current tech trends and inform the rest of the team on how these can impact the business.
- Attend events both as an onlooker to understand how people are using our robots and as event staff, everyone in the company attends events occasionally.
The kind of person we’re looking for:
- Obsessively inquisitive and tech/design mad.
- An innate talent in mixing creativity and technology, we want to be surprised!
- Great knowledge of the emerging technologies and how they could be used as inputs to our robots.
- An almost psychopathic attention to detail.
- A keen drinker (in moderation, of course!). Drinking comes with the territory of the job, and you need to understand our drink outputs just as well as you understand our tech inputs.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Good communication and presentation skills. You will be the expert we refer our clients to, so you will have to be able to effectively summarise your ideas and the technology behind them.
- A team player - there is no job beneath anyone in the team, from Intern to Managing Director (and we’re the kind of people who actually want to spend time with each other outside of work!)
- Bachelors degree in product design, computer science or other relevant subject
- 1 years experience in product design, ideally with some focus on tech.
- Experience in R&D, as well as product builds.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum base salary, dependant on experience
- Private health care (coming early 2020)
- Options scheme after 6 months.
- Work from home options.
- International travel, we took our robots to 10 different countries last year and always have time for fun while we’re abroad.
- Free drinks in the office