Fund Operations & Accounting Associate
London, UK - Immediate start
ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR FIRST
Entrepreneur First was founded in 2011 by Alice Bentinck and Matt Clifford with the aim of enabling the world’s most ambitious people to build the most important companies, and that is still true today. We are the world’s leading talent investor; we invest time and money in outstanding individuals, helping them find a co-founder, develop an idea, and start a technology company from scratch.
Across our programmes in Europe and Asia, to date we have helped over 1,200 individuals build more than 200 companies, with a total valuation of $1.5 billion. EF’s companies have been funded by many of the leading venture investors in Europe, Asia and Silicon Valley. Our major exits to date include Magic Pony Technology which was acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m only 18 months after the Founders met on the EF programme.
EF itself is backed by some of the world’s best investors, including the founders of: LinkedIn; DeepMind; and PayPal, and runs cohorts in London, Singapore, Berlin, Paris, Bangalore & Toronto.
We are looking for a Fund Operations & Accounting Associate to join our expanding Fund Team, which is responsible for: optimising the deployment of our investment capital; analysing and reporting fund & portfolio performance, both for EF’s investors and to drive internal strategic decisions; and building out future fund structures to optimise EF’s economic model.
You will report to the Fund Team Manager (Carl Bishop), and will become the owner of the funds’ operational processes globally (i.e. across our six sites in London, Paris, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore and Toronto), whilst also playing a role in wider team projects such as: fundraising, investor due-diligence, and exciting analytical assignments to inform strategic decision-making. This is a role with lots of autonomy and self direction day-to-day, with clear opportunities for progression as you become the go-to expert on unique work streams within the business. It will be an excellent opportunity to apply your accounting skills and knowledge to the world of venture capital, as well as building deep expertise in fund operations, performance, and strategy at one of the world’s most innovative and dynamic investors.
- High quality work - you demonstrate operational excellence and ensure quality and integrity in everything you do.
- Self starter attitude - you tackle your work and take ownership of results.
- You’re excited about working in a diverse, global team.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You’re analytical and enjoy problem solving.
- You want to help streamline and optimise best practices across the company to help us scale.
- Manage the quarterly reporting process across all EF’s funds, working closely with our Fund Administrators to ensure adherence to deadlines and accuracy of work.
- Ensure our portfolio funding data flows quickly & smoothly from EF sites across the world to our central database, and associated documentation is filed appropriately.
- Monitor the cash positions of each fund, model future fund cash deployment, prepare recommendations for the executive committee, and drawdown capital from our investors as necessary.
- Support our Fund Auditors (third party) to produce our fund annual accounts, and distribute tax documentation to our Limited Partners.
- Report to Senior Management on both current and upcoming investment activity, as well as fund performance metrics.
- Apply creative and critical thinking to identify and implement ways of increasing the efficiency of our funds’ operational processes.
- Liaise with our in-house finance team to ensure fund payments are made on time and reconciled correctly.
- Support the Fund Team Manager with ad-hoc analysis, fundraising materials and investor due-diligence.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), preferably with prior experience in financial reporting/fund accounting, although this is not essential.
- You have very strong numerical aptitude and have excellent working knowledge of Excel or similar.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency and close attention-to-detail.
- Knowledge/experience of venture capital funds is preferred but not essential.
- You will receive a competitive salary, dependent upon your experience, with additional upside via a carry share in the returns in our funds’ profits.
In addition to the financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally
- Working in a buzzing space full of technical founders working on cutting-edge, world-changing businesses - and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team
- Holidays: 23 days per year plus a 2 week office shut-down over Christmas and New Year
- Salary sacrifice schemes: Cycle to Work and Technology (phones, laptops, fitness watches etc)
- L&D Allowance: £400 per year to put towards your personal development
- Wellness Allowance: £400 per year to put towards Wellness Activities (gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace etc)
LOCATION & START DATE
You will be based in our HQ in London at The Biscuit Factory in Bermondsey (SE16 4DG), and would start as soon as possible.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.