tiney is on a mission to reinvent childcare and unlock the potential of every child. Join us as Education Lead!
tiney is a brand new childcare choice. At tiney we accelerate children’s development through playful learning and help families access an excellent early education.
We believe that educating young children is one of the most important things anyone can do. We attract fantastic individuals into the Early Years, train them to provide a life-changing education for children, and support them to launch and run their own ‘tiney home nurseries’. Tech is central to our approach: home leaders use the tiney app for communicating with families, handling payments, logging children’s learning, accessing EYFS ideas, and staying connected to the rest of the tiney community.
Our aim is to reinvent childcare and raise the profile and prestige of early education. We’re building a vibrant community, run by tiney home leaders, who can impact their local neighbourhoods and beyond.
What we’re looking for
We are currently recruiting an Education Lead to support the design and delivery of tiney’s initial training, ongoing CPD, community events, and EYFS activity bank ‘tiney tips’. We’re looking for a passionate, dynamic individual with experience educating young children and creating and leading training for adults. A digital mindset will be key - always thinking about how we might use tech effectively to provide high quality training and support at distance and at scale.
This will be a fun, varied role - perfect for someone excited about making a big impact on young children and about the Early Years more broadly. As well as leading on training design and delivery, there will be ample opportunities to feed into tiney’s strategy and the development of our educational approach more broadly. tiney is growing and changing quickly and there will be ample opportunities for the Education Lead to grow within this role.
What you’ll be doing
This role is all about leading the learning and development of our community of tiney home leaders. You will:
- Lead training on early learning, child development, the EYFS, running a business and working with families at tiney’s monthly training week for new home leaders.
- Design and deliver world-class online CPD for tiney’s community of early educators (online courses, webinars and podcasts).
- Support the development of ‘tiney tips’, the bank of EYFS activity ideas the app for families and home leaders.
- Support the planning and running of two powerful, delightful conference days that build a strong sense of community and build the confidence and expertise of home leaders.
- Support the design and delivery of a programme of educational meet-ups that can be led by home leaders in tiney neighbourhoods.
- Support the creation of tiney’s playful learning curriculum, which builds on our educational philosophy and is distinctively ‘tiney’, brilliant for children and highly appealing to families.
- Support the development of progression pathways for tiney home leaders with different skills and interests (e.g. tiney mentor, local CPD lead, SEND specialist, Forest School leader).
- Begin to create a bank of best practice training videos of tiney home leaders, sharing specific ideas and techniques across our community.
- Conduct occasional registration and quality assurance visits to home nurseries.
And it’s not just the day job
We think it’s important to give people a sense of our lives here at tiney, and how this job here, might not be the same as anywhere else. There is no such thing as a ‘typical week’, here are some of the things you might find yourself involved in…
- Working with some of the best (and friendliest) tech and early years talent you’ll find at a startup in London!
- Working in cross-functional squads to develop new features for the tiney app.
- Attending lunch-and-learns with business, tech and education leaders.
- Joining ‘design sprints’ to develop new concepts.
- Attending our regular team get-togethers to socialise with the wider team and ensure everyone has input and alignment to the trajectory of tiney.
- Learning from other companies and attending events we can access through our wider investor network.
What we’re looking for in you
We want people to care about our mission to reinvent childcare and unlock the potential of every child, as much as we do. At tiney, nothing matters more than trust and we only hire people who can earn trust by adopting a mindset where we put children first, in our teams, through our tech products and in our tiney homes.
We’re looking for people who can live our values. If you believe in these things like we do then you might be what we’re looking for to join the tiney mission.
- Rest is rocket fuel: you can recognise when to slow down and reflect or rest, so you can ultimately go quicker and better
- Play is a superpower: you have the ability to fuel your work with the energy, imagination and enthusiasm that children find when they play
- Curious minds see more: you can adopt a posture that’s open, inclusive and ready to learn
- Asking for help shows wisdom, not weakness: you can show an awareness of your own limitations and will ask others for help when you need it
- You grow stronger after a fall: you can give yourself, and others, the permission to get things wrong and can place emphasis not on the fall, but how we get back up.
We want people with the skills and experience to do the job. You will definitely have: Belief in tiney’s vision and in the value of home-based, play-centred education.
- Passion for, and a deep knowledge of, early education and child development.
- Expertise in CPD design and delivery.
- A digital mindset and ideas for leading great online learning.
- Experience educating young children.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A highly collaborative approach.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Dynamism and a sense of fun.
And you might have:
- Experience creating online training and/or broader digital skills.
- Knowledge of how to launch and grow small businesses.
- Experience and/or knowledge of home-based early education.
- Research and evaluation skills.
And what do you get?
We’re very proud of our culture here at tiney, and although not many startups take this view, we believe that investing in our people is one of the most important things we can do to build a business that lasts. So here’s what we offer:
- A basic salary that is competitive in the market
- A chance to own part of the company with equity options
- A flexible working culture that allows you to choose where you work from, with a daily allowance if you work from home
- Flexibility to work in the way that best suits your life and personal commitments. The team all work between 10am and 4pm on their working days but are free to do the rest of their contracted hours when they choose.
- A contributory pension (3% by us, 5% by you)
- Regular social activities
- Long term sickness and life cover
Should I apply?
If you’re on board with the tiney mission, share our values and feel you have the skills, experience and potential we’re looking for then yes, you should. Please send your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line with a short e-mail that tells us why you care about what we do.
A child who wants to learn doesn’t care about gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or any of the other things that sometimes divide, and neither do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger and gives us all a better chance of unlocking the potential of every child.