We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to join our growing Cremation team at Farewill.
We’re the fastest-growing company in the UK end-of-life sector, now starting to revolutionise the funeral industry. This role is in a tight-knit team building our direct cremation business. You’ll shape our service and how we work to ensure our customers are well looked after every step of the way. This is an amazing, meaningful opportunity for someone with experience of - and a passion for - helping people in difficult circumstances.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Acquire customers by building awareness of our service amongst end-of-life professionals in your local area - we want every single [hospice nurse, counsellor, etc] to be an advocate.
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, selling the benefits of our service, closing and implementing the deal.
- Build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against and ensure goals are met
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our product by working closely with our customer support and product team
- Attend events and network to generate interest in the Farewill proposition for key groups
- Think creatively about local opportunities that may help increase our awareness (radio? Publications? Football team sponsorship?)
The role is remote - you’ll spend most of your time meeting with care professionals, pitching our services in person, and setting up deals. Expect to spend lots of time traveling around your local area!
You will be the first hire in a brand new channel for Farewill Cremation, and so it’ll be up to you to prove it works - an amazing opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role
- A desire to genuinely help families find the funeral service that’s right for them
- Proven track record of meeting targets
- A consultative sales style, built on knowledge, trust, reliability and care
- Proven ability to identify and develop new business
- A passion for our mission to change the way the world deals with death (and raise millions for charities in doing so!)
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude are just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- £1000 personal development budget a year
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.