We’re looking for a highly organised Operations Associate to join our team and help provide an incredible ordering experience for our US users. The role is customer-facing, and will consist mainly of out of hours shifts (between 12am and 6am).
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well. We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them—in their size, budget, and style—which they can then buy in one place.
Operations at Thread
Making it easy to dress well - and building a business around it - requires operational excellence. Our goal is to create a seamless end-to-end experience, from discovering the perfect item to having it delivered quickly and easily to a place of your choice.
We’re looking for an outstanding ops associate with strong customer-facing skills to help us continue to improve. You will be an important part of a small, dynamic and friendly team; you’ll also be joining at an exciting time, as you’ll be focusing on our new, US-based part of the business, as well as supporting our UK team. Your role will be fast paced and varied but you’ll execute tasks in a way that makes things seem effortless for our users. If you are highly organised, fast paced, reliable, resilient and keen, this role could be for you.
Your role will mainly be customer-facing, requiring strong communication and problem-solving skills.
As the first point of contact for our customers, you’ll demonstrate a strong sense of empathy and a drive to make sure every customer has an interaction with Thread which leaves them delighted. You’ll need to be able to empathise with a customer’s needs, break down a problem, and then find the best way to resolve it.
You’ll also be responsible for triaging our queries to ensure that the right queries are escalated to senior associates for investigation. You’ll work closely with senior associates to understand the best ways of handling US queries in particular, as we continue to grow this part of the company.
The role focuses primarily on covering the times between 12am and 6am (GMT), meaning that you’ll mainly be focusing on helping our US customers. However, you’ll also be supporting the UK team and will be helping any UK customers who are in touch at that time too.
Training is preferably done in our office in Aldgate, but we can arrange remote training if necessary. You’ll then be able to work remotely most of the time. We might ask you to come to our office occasionally for training sessions.
The role guarantees a minimum of 20 hours a week, and some shifts are on the weekends. We’re looking to hire two people to work around 20 hours each, so we’re open to negotiating the best way to allocate the shifts (for example, whether you’d prefer to have a week on, a week off, or to do alternating days) between the two successful applicants.
There may also be a chance to pick up more shifts during the day if you’d like to do so.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- First point of contact for our US users - field all queries coming through to our support ticketing system and decide on the best pathway for each.
- Resolve queries and issues efficiently and to a high standard, using your knowledge of our order processing system. Make sure our users come away feeling like they had a mindblowing customer experience.
- Contribute towards hitting our support response time and customer satisfaction targets.
- Advocate for users internally by passing on their feedback and pain-points to the wider team. Be part of improving a brand new part of our business!
Are you the one? You are, if you:
- Possess a collaborative “whatever it takes” attitude; someone who won’t give up until a problem is fixed and who’s not afraid to push and lead others to a resolution.
- Have superb attention to detail; nothing gets past you.
- Constantly think about how we can improve our processes; never be satisfied with a process that isn’t perfect.
- Have excellent organisational skills. You make great notes and leave a clear path for others to follow.
- Are known for being reliable to your core. Your friends and previous employers would describe you as totally dependable.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, being both professional and effective over email.
- Are comfortable working across different platforms. You don’t have to be a computer pro,but you’re confident jumping from tab to tab.
- Prior experience working in customer success (particularly in the US) a plus.
- This is a flexible role in which you’re welcome to work remotely for most of your hours.
- You’ll be working closely with the core ops team and will be involved in the smooth running of our support shifts.
- You’ll get first-hand experience of the day to day workings of the operations team in a tech start-up.
- Competitive compensation: £10/hour, plus holiday and sick pay.
How to apply:
Email us with your CV and a cover letter, and we’ll be in touch!