We are a luxury fashion brand with an innovative approach to print design. Annually, we produce two collections that are concept driven. Our concepts are informed by the times that we live in.
The process through which we create print every season is unique to our brand. We believe that if you can connect to the consumer both visually and intellectually through meaningful print, you are likely to engage with them in a deeper way and promote longevity in their fashion consumption habits.
We believe that the fashion industry is at a pivotal point, one that provides an opportunity for us all to rethink how we consume. As a brand, we feel it is our responsibility to find creative ways with which we can engage with consumers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you passionate about fashion print and proficient in Adobe Photoshop? Do you like drawing? Do you appreciate law and fashion but seldom find crossover opportunities in both disciplines? Do you have any experience at all in working with a fashion print brand? Do you understand our curatorial voice and aesthetics? Do you like to take risks?
AFG is looking for an intern that has a graphic design background with a specific interest in fashion print. You will be working to a brief set by the founder who will guide you and help you learn, with freedom to experiment and try new things! The training and exposure you will receive will ensure you are aligned with the ethos and approach of the company, but the successful candidate should look upon this opportunity as a change to demonstrate their creative aptitude.
- Artwork creation across mediums (paints, ink, collage, mixed media, pencil)
- Print creation (all over, placement)
- Artwork cleaning on Adobe Photoshop
- Digital printer vendor management
- Digital print sampling coordination
- Colour palette assessment
- Idea generation and business development
- Strong Adobe Photoshop skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Understanding of colour standards (STOCDIC, PANTONE) preferred
- Enthusiastic, proactive, disciplined, dedicated and keen to learn all aspects of a start-up
- Excellent English skills
- Shows initiative and creativity
- Background/knowledge of the luxury industry
- Photography experience is preferred but not essential
Strong sales / pitching / communication skills required