You will be responsible for managing all finance and accounting operations for the business, reporting to and working closely with the COO, and effectively support the business through the next phase of significant growth. You will produce the monthly management accounts, annual budgets, and rolling forecasts, year-end financial accounts and ensure all financial processes and systems are developed to deliver, timely, efficient business information and effectively support the business as it expands.
- Produce and interpret accurate and timely monthly management account packs, including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and additional KPIs where required or relevant.
- Improve and produce accurate and timely cash forecasts
- Improve and manage the budgeting process
- Provide the leadership team with month-end analysis and commentary on performance and KPIs
- Develop efficient financial control processes across AP and AR to allow for growth
- Implement standard processes for expenses, commission, etc
- Ensure all external compliance and statutory reporting requirements are met (External Audit, VAT, HMRC compliance etc.)
- Recruit and develop finance staff when appropriate
- Any other ad hoc or project work set by COO and leadership team
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to drive efficiency and business performance
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountant (Evidence required)
- Experience of using Xero, and other cloud accounting applications e.g. Receipt bank Futrli, etc.
- 1- 2 years experience across a wide range of finance operations
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to implement process improvements across finance and operations
- Track record of delivering high-quality management information and analysis
- Identify performance improvement opportunities and communicate effectively to the leadership team
- Ensure financial compliance and timely submission of key financial information
- Liaise with third parties to deliver complete financial support to the business
- Work collaboratively across all functions to raise the profile of finance and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Free of ego - able to your own work and work of others discuss candidly and objectively
- Energy, open to new ideas, the ability to question practices to achieve improvement, a hands-on approach